Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By shri
  • 1 Post By chingleutsch

Entry to Hongkong

Closed Thread
    HongkongTheGreat

Post Entry to Hongkong

Hi, I'm from Philippines. My employer said that my training visa is approved and asked me to enter in HK as a tourist cause they will give me the training visa when I arrived in HK and exit in Macau to validate it, now the problem is I only booked one-way ticket? What can be the solution if the immigration officer ask me why I only have one-way ticket? Because last february 2018 when I arrived in HK they asked me to show my roundtrip ticket.

A good alternative would be to carry a photo copy of your training visa approval papers? This would allow the immigration officer to confirm that you have a long term visa approved?

(Immd should have a record that you have a visa approved and should be able check when you enter if you have a copy / reference numbers etc.)

Booking a one way ticket is always a bit risky in HK when you've got a "brown people" passport.

NateM and Mrs. Jones like this.

You need your return ticket to visit as a tourist. You can try to get a refund on it if cancelled or unused, but you probably get little or nothing.

What kind of employer is this?

Quote Originally Posted by mlew:
    You need your return ticket to visit as a tourist. You can try to get a refund on it if cancelled or unused, but you probably get little or nothing.
    Valid point - some airlines might not let you board if you do not have a suitable visa on your passport and/or an ID card.

I too would be suspicious. A reputable employer should courier the visa to you so you can stick it in your passport before you go to the airport.

I presume you already know that Philippines immigration authorities also have a record of stopping women boarding flights if they think they are in danger of being trafficked (as would be the case if you only have a one way ticket and no visa).

shri likes this.

they wont let you check into the flight on a one way air ticket to HK if you're planning to use Tourist Visa to enter.