Like Tree114Likes

UK Spouse Visa - Applying From Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 21 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    Govt said we must do it before marriage or its a big no no, what a great excuse for guys that want to get it on but the girl believes in no sex before marriage. LOL
    Unless the government says no condom. We want to see a true commitment. Then dudes will be running.

Update from my application as I just received the confirmation email stating that "Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.".
    Applicant’s Citizenship: Filipino
    Country applying from: Hong Kong

Type of visa applied for: Settlement/Spouse
    Priority/Non-Priority: Priority (30 working days)
    Date application submitted: Online 15 March 2019
    Date biometrics taken at VFS Global: 27 March 2019
    Email confirmation: 15 April 2019

Congratulations. May I know if you still send the hard copy supporting documents to Sheffield or just scan it during the Biometrics appointment at VFS-HK? Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by HKtoUK:
    Thanks for all your help and advice. Got the visa yesterday! Here is timeline for your reference

Country applying from Hong Kong
    Type of visa applied for Settlement Visa (wife)
    Visa Priority or Non Priority: Priority (expected 30 BD)
    Office Location Processing Visa: Sheffield, UK
    Date Application Submitted Online: 21 Feb, 2019
    Date Bio-metrics Taken: 25 Feb, 2019
    Date documents were forwarded to UKVI: 28 Feb, 2019
    Date Documents were Received in Sheffield: 2 March, 2019
    Documents returned to sponsor: 6 March, 2019
    Email stating from paying online "Your Application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer": 14 March,2019
    Decision Made Email: 1 April, 2019
    Passport received: 2 April, 2019 (visa granted!)

Total 27 Working days from Bio-metrics appointment

Congratulations. May I know if you still send the hard copy supporting documents to Sheffield or just scan it during the Biometrics appointment at VFS-HK? Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by MrengrHK:
    After the biometric appointment at VFS-HK (You don't need to bring your supporting documents there, the staff won't check anything), after the biometric appointment, you need to send the supporting documents to sheffield. (including the biometric appointment receipt copy). My husband in uk, he got all the supporting documents, so he just send to sheffield by Royal Mail (some couriers might not post your stuff to PO Box), Royal mail is good! hope it helps!

UK spouse visa question

Hello!

My wife is planning to come to the UK from HK.

For anyone that has applied from HK, I need advice.

One of the questions is:

In addition to the names already provided, are you now or have you ever been known by another name? (Required)
    You must provide all your names. For example, if you changed your name after marriage or have a different name that you use for professional purposes.

As you know, many Hongkongers have adopted English names but not official. Would this be deemed as professional or a 'nickname'?

I started an application with Visa4UK

I have just heard about Access. Can anyone let me know if going with access is more beneficial and what is the difference?

UK spouse visa (multiple questions)

Hello. I'm going to group all my questions together and post it here. I am from the UK and my spouse is from HK.

1. Should I use Access instead of Visa4UK?
    2. With Access - what is the exact procedure and what do I need to do? They have not made it clear what needs to be done with this new service. I know they just opened the new VFS centre at North Point.
    3. With Access - do I still need to send my documents to Sheffield?
    4. For the applicant -when they mean passport copies, does this mean all the pages inside the passport or just the main page?
    5. Passport photos needed or not?

6. The addresses on my payslip, bank statement and TB cert are not the same.

TB cert - parents address
    Bank statements - parents address
    Payslips - parents address
    Landlord letter - London address
    Online and paper application - London address

I kept my parents address as I just see it as a permanent home and London is just a temporary address where I am working. Would this be a problem? Or do they just care about where the money is being deposited? Do I include this in the cover letter and additional information?

They will care about where you plan to live once in UK.
    They’ll need to do a property inspection to make sure your home is suitable for a couple etc.

So if you’re staying in a bed sit for example it won’t be deemed suitable.

Always better to have all documents sent to one address.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    They will care about where you plan to live once in UK.
    They’ll need to do a property inspection to make sure your home is suitable for a couple etc.

So if you’re staying in a bed sit for example it won’t be deemed suitable.

Always better to have all documents sent to one address.
    Yep, so does it matter if I have bank slips, TB certificate and payslips at my parents address? Will I just need to explain this in a cover letter?

Closed Thread
Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 21 ... LastLast