Like Tree81Likes

UK Spouse Visa - Applying From Hong Kong

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 12 17 18 19 20

Even I want to know. Can anyone let me know the details and the processing time etc.

Quote Originally Posted by aakanksha5
    Even I want to know. Can anyone let me know the details and the processing time etc.
    Instead of being lazy, go read the damm 19 pages of info infront of you from page 1, if you still cant find the information then you really should not go to the UK, they dont need anymore lazy people that cant be arsed to read free information already provided on top of the actual UK GOVT website.
    emx, sonialo00, jimbo and 1 others like this.

when to apply and make the move with kids

Thank you for a lot of information on this thread

Any advice on when to apply and make the move with kids?

We are planning to study in state primary school, will be Yr 2 and 5.

Looking at the local school authority website, most schools close on the last week of June. To apply to school, it seems best to do it in Early May to get a result before school close for summer. I am thinking we go there in April to find a house to rent and apply for school, then the kids finish school here and join in June.

It's also a chicken and egg problem because we have to find a house first before apply, even if we can find out the waiting queues from local authority, we won't know for sure if we can secure a place

Base on the above and the intended travel date can be 6 months in advance on the application, and reading the threads seem most people get their visa within 6 months.

Would that work? That roughly put the timeline to apply in Jan

Any other advice ?

Thanks a lot!

The most popular schools will be full anyway so it really doesn’t matter when you apply. Schooling is compulsory from the age of five on. So you can just turn up and the local authority will tell you which school has vacancies or direct a school to take you even if it takes the class size higher. It may not necessarily be near where you are living so maybe a good idea to rent somewhere for only six months initially and take it from there.
    And of course being in a minority ethnic group may help you get the school you want as diversity and inclusion is monitored.
    For your year five child try and live in the catchment area of the senior school you target for year seven. Ofsted reports are useful for deciding which schools to aim at.

chuckster007 and shri like this.

You won’t be able to apply for school unless the child is in the country. I had to proof my son is in Uk before they accepted the application

Thanks Mary and Sonia

Move MPF to uk pensions

Can I move MPF to a uk pension scheme? I read there is a private pension SIPP that provide tax benefits?

I also have some ETFs invested thru a local broker here and there are dividends from the funds.

Any good advice / links for the finance move is welcomed.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 12 17 18 19 20