Like Tree108Likes

UK Spouse Visa - Applying From Hong Kong

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 17 22 23 24 25

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbolar
    Hi Mary we didnt pay for fast track but a friend of my wifes did and got her visa in 18 days. Its ok if your case has no complications ans is straight forward. We used Total Consultancy in Wan Chai it was 9000hk$. They hold free seminars on Sundays if ever you want to have a chat with them. The flight is already booked with Emirates they seem to be cheaper than most.
    $9000!! Ouch.

That’s 3 times what we paid with British Connections.
    Bobbolar and chuckster007 like this.

Congrats! All the best!

Hi Jimbo,
    Can I ask how much you paid with British Connections and whether you can vouch for their service?

I am going to apply for the spousal visa later this year but as my partner is self-employed, I hear the documentation is a little more complicated and it gives us peace of mind to have someone check over everything we have (if the additional cost is within reason!!) The spousal visa itself is very expensive for a 20-something like myself and to have it rejected would be terrible so am definitely hoping to find an agent (just in case).

If anyone has any advice on applying for the visa with a self employed partner that would be greatly appreciated as well! My partner earns above the minimum financial requirement so we are not worried about this - it is specifically the documents we have to provide to prove this (as well as ongoing self-employed work etc etc.... such a ball ache but required nonetheless).

Also wanted to say thank you to all for sharing your experience - has been EXTREMELY useful for me to better understand the process before risking the cost.

Also, so not to confuse anyone, I refer to him as my 'partner' because we are entering into a civil partnership (not a marriage). I am female, he is male and the UK have legalised civil partnerships for same-sex couples (woo- progression)!

Thanks in advance!

Hi Karina

Yes can vouch 100% for them.

We paid $3000 for what they call unlimited service, I.e you can call as much as you need to ask for clarification etc.

They’ll also check all the necessary paperwork before submission etc

Oh great, that is exactly what I am looking for!

I reached out to a few lawyers/consultants in the UK offering the same service and they quoted me 300 pounds for a consultation and 3000 pounds (30,000 HKD) for a similar unlimited service, checking documents etc etc. Outrageous!

Thanks for your help

Do they put the visa in your passport? I was wondering if it is worth getting one of the new ten year Filipino passports before applying.

Hi Mary, yes the Visa goes in your passport so maybe worth getting a new one first. Once its approved they will give you a 30 day window in which to travel to UK and your passport will then be stamped on arrival in UK. The instructions we recieved told us we must travel and be in UK at least 10 days before the 30 day vignette expires so you can collect your biometric residents permit. They ask you for a proposed date of travel to UK

Last edited by Bobbolar; 17-02-2020 at 03:23 AM. Reason: Mistake made

Thanks Bob. Application day may have to be sooner rather than later with the pandemic.

Bobbolar likes this.

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 17 22 23 24 25