Like Tree114Likes

UK Spouse Visa - Applying From Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thanks Bobbolar,
    I wonder if the 'No Criminal Record' is required because to my understanding, those who want to apply student visa needs to show 'No Criminal Record'. Anyway, I have no issue getting one myself, just worrying the coronavirus in HK has been slowing down the government services, and civil servants are still having their 'work from home' policy till 2 March 2020.

I’ve not notice it as a requirement. I applied end April last year using priority service and got the it end of june

Thanks sonialo00
    BTW, I have 2 passport, 1 BNO and 1 HKSAR, can I use my HKSAR passport to enter UK during the waiting period after I submitted my BNO passport for application?

Quote Originally Posted by WLY:
    Thanks sonialo00
    BTW, I have 2 passport, 1 BNO and 1 HKSAR, can I use my HKSAR passport to enter UK during the waiting period after I submitted my BNO passport for application?
    I wouldn’t until the decision is made.

Thanks

Sponse Visa from HK

Hi all,

I'm new to the group and wonder if i can get some advise to apply a spouse visa for my wife so we can move back to UK from HK.
    Me and my son is British Citizen and my wife has a HK BNO passport.
    I'm currently working in HK for many years to support the family and my wife (House Wife) who look after the baby at home. In this situation, are we able to apply directly from Hong Kong since we are all in HK? Would I be able to use my income and saving in HK to meet the financial requirements?

Many Thanks!!

You can only use savings unless your income is from Uk. You can find a formula that works out how much you need in savings to meet the requirement as it’s different from salary income

Hi Sonia,

Thanks for that. Since we are currently in HK, the only method we can use is savings. If I go back and get a job first, that will separate the family apart for a while, which is not ideal. Really didn't expect it to be so complicated.
    I take it the saving can either be in HK or UK as part of the process for 6 months.

Hi everyone,
    I completed the application and paid, now I am uploading documents but I paid for only the regular service (my silly mistake...). Now I want to upgrade to the premium service.

Does anyone know if I can pay for premium service directly at the VFS centre during my appointment?

Or does this need to be done beforehand? I have tried to pay on the VFS website but this isn't possible so my only option seems to be to cancel and get a refund for my current application and then submit a new one paying for the priority service, which seems a bit extreme...

I will add that I am applying for a marriage visitor visa originally so me and my partner can get married in the UK then I will return and apply for my spousal visa.

I paid for priority at VFS