Working Holiday Visa Application Time

Closed Thread

Working Holiday Visa Application Time

Hi all,

I've just sent off my application for working holiday visa from the UK

I was just wondering how long it had taken other people to hear back, whether it was an email or post that you find out whether you've been accepted or not and whether you're given the opportunity to send off more/alternative documents if any of them are incorrect/insufficient

Thanks for any help

Hi Summer51990

How did you pay for the £18 visa fee? I read that it has to be a bank draft from a bank with a connection branch in Hong Kong. Read reviews of the Chinese counsulate apparently terrible service so now planning to send documents directly to hk immigration office.

Thanks

Hiya,

I got a foreign draft from Natwest, tbc on whether this is right or not though,, but it was issued in HKD and it says which bank in HK it would come from.. so fingers crossed
    I couldnt find any information online really

I see, I wrote a letter to inform them a resident will pay the fee upon collection and mailed everything off today! Update me on your process, finger crossed!

Did this work for you? I have tried with my bank and the cant do a draft in HKD, also went to chinese visa agency and they would keep my passport for a month, which doesnt work for me.

Did you just leave a letter in the application and pay the fee once there?

I ended up paying in cash because my cheque didn’t work (it was almost five months later)

When I went to pay they asked if it was cash or not and I said no I’d sent a cheque and the reaction I got was that most people pay cash

Either way, I ended up back there two weeks later to pay in cash
    I think if you say you’ll pay cash on arrival it’s fine

I've seen a few people saying that now yeah, so I can just post the application without the bank draft and it should be fine?