Quote Originally Posted by kma88
I second that. More straighforward to apply for the Home Return Permit at CTS in HK. Just need to show HK documents, and the permit lasts 10 years vs 2 years for the "China Travel Document".
It's valid for 10'years, how long it lasts depends on the user.
I put a coin ( from Taiwan ! ) into the plastic holder, now my permit has a crack.
on the HKID card site they advise against putting coins there, too late.