Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Walter White
  • 1 Post By Amity123
  • 1 Post By Skumar144
  • 2 Post By chuckster007

HKSAR + Indian OCI Help

Closed Thread

HKSAR + Indian OCI Help

I am really desperate to get some guidance on the OCI application in Hong Kong. I was an Indian Passport holder but now a HKSAR passport holder.

After completing the online application, I went in to the Indian embassy here in Hong Kong 1.5 months back to apply for the OCI. After verifying my docs the OCI officer told me that once approved I will get a call to make the payment. Its been 1.5 months and I still haven't received any call from them. I went last week to ask them what's happening and the officer told me its under process without even asking for my application number or any other details. Seemed to me he just wanted to get rid of me so told oh its under process and basically told me to leave...

Any one here applied for OCI recently? How long did it take? I need to be in India in 1 months time and wont be back until end of the year. I am just not sure what to do in this situation. Any information on this would be appreciated. Thanks

It took me about 3 months also a few years ago.

VarshaG likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    Thnks **. I can’t access my application on the oci web as they still havent asked me to pay and until I dont pay there is no record for me on the system which means my application is still in the air. Do you remember how long it took them to call you to pay after you had submitted all docs and interviewed with the officer?

Thanks **! I can’t really check my record on the OCI web as the officer hasn’t asked me to pay as yet which means my file doesn’t exist on the web as yet. Can you recall how long it took you from the date you submitted your docs to the Indian Embassing calling you for payment?

Oh wow thats pretty long! Were you missing any documents after interview or you reckon this is just standard. Which year did you apply?
    I am guessing it will be longer now

I am in similar situation, submitted documents early May,2019 but no acknowledgement yet to make a payment.
    So, seem processing time has not improved as advised by others.

Quote Originally Posted by Amity123:
    I am in similar situation, submitted documents early May,2019 but no acknowledgement yet to make a payment.
    So, seem processing time has not improved as advised by others.
    Did you get this sorted? How long does it take after the interview? Plan to apply for my son and his interview is in early Dec.

Did interview early May this year, got OCI handed over by end of September.

shri likes this.

I got my interview date late Feb 2020. Almost 3 and half month after application. Not sure how long will it take after the interview.

shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Skumar144:
    Not sure how long will it take after the interview.
    The guy above you, it took almost 4 months after interview
    shri and Bartholomeuw like this.