Like Tree17Likes

Work in HK but live in Shenzhen, does multiple entry visa to China works?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

I know some former colleagues of mine lived in Shenzhen, and they hold US passports. Though they are originally from the mainland, they still need multiple entry visa to enter China. So it is doable in term of immigration. I doubt they pay China tax.

Quote Originally Posted by Filmykul
    Dear All,

I am a student in Hong Kong from Thailand and I am thinking of accepting a job offer here in Hong Kong.

However, my girlfriend would be working and living in Shenzhen so I am considering living together with her in Shenzhen to save costs.

If I work in Hong Kong, definitely I will have my working visa so I can enter Hong Kong freely every morning.
    On the other hand, when I want to go back to my apartment in Shenzhen at night I would use my multiple entry visa.

Is this possible? If I use my multiple entry visa every night to go back to my apartment in Shenzhen, would the immigration stops me one day?

Lastly, I fully understand about passport getting filled up quickly and long travel time, I just want to make sure that this option works.

Thank you!

Yes that is what I am worried about, just that I saw people keep posting saying many people are doing it, so I am not sure.

I probably will change to a job in Shenzhen within half a year though. So 180 days should be fine, I am just worried about what if they ask.

It is not like the US taxing income from overseas. Most jurisdictions don't tax income from outside their borders.

Many HK Chinese living in Mainland with or without entering and leaving almost daily don't have issues with mainland taxes.

Cheap residential buildings have no guards and those that have don't generally ask to see someone's id when entering.
    ID is scanned and send to the police's check in system when checking into hotels and at massage places also called sauna in SZ, coz people can also sleep in massage places.

Quote Originally Posted by stickyears
    You won't get away with it, you need a residence visa.

More than 180 days in China requires you to pay tax there. You also need to register with police if not staying in a hotel within 24 hours of each entry (so weekend stays will stand out).

It's likely daily exits in the morning and entries at night will get you questioned at the border quite quickly.
    Last edited by lighthse003; 25-05-2018 at 05:54 PM.

I normally make my visa directly at the wanchai place. Why do you mention CTS?

Yes, you can travel back and forth between Shenzhen und HK on your multi entry visa. The downside is that you need to fill in the yellow paper and get a stamp every day. If you had a residence permit you could cross with a fingerprint in China. Technically you must reregister with the PSB after every entry, unless you had a residence permit.
    Also your time in HK won't count for the 7 years if you don't stay regularly over night.

shri likes this.

Hi thank you for your reply!
    I am sorry but I do not really understand the part about the ID scanning.
    Do I need to go scan my passport at a hotel every weekend if so?

Quote Originally Posted by Filmykul
    I normally make my visa directly at the wanchai place. Why do you mention CTS?
    CTS does China visa service for a fee, then you don't need to go to the consulate so a lot of people use them- they fill out the forms, make sure it's done correctly, etc. I used them, didn't want my form kicked back for some minor error. But sure, can just DIY and go yourself.

Thank you for your reply! Yes I do not mind doing that for a while, when I am still looking for jobs in Shenzhen and I am not looking to get a HK citizenship.

Just making sure I won't get stopped one day.

Staff at hotels and massage places scan customers' ID and send the copies via internet to police's system, ID can be China ID cards or HRP or Passports

So if I want to stay over the weekend, I need to get my ID scanned in order to not get suspicious?

Also, does anybody knows that when I fill in the yellow form, do I put my actual apartment address or do I pick a random hotel?

Thank you!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast