Like Tree17Likes

Work in HK but live in Shenzhen, does multiple entry visa to China works?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Yes that is what I am worried about, just that I saw people keep posting saying many people are doing it, so I am not sure.

I probably will change to a job in Shenzhen within half a year though. So 180 days should be fine, I am just worried about what if they ask.

It is not like the US taxing income from overseas. Most jurisdictions don't tax income from outside their borders.

Many HK Chinese living in Mainland with or without entering and leaving almost daily don't have issues with mainland taxes.

Cheap residential buildings have no guards and those that have don't generally ask to see someone's id when entering.
    ID is scanned and send to the police's check in system when checking into hotels and at massage places also called sauna in SZ, coz people can also sleep in massage places.

Original Post Deleted
    Last edited by lighthse003; 25-05-2018 at 05:54 PM.

I normally make my visa directly at the wanchai place. Why do you mention CTS?

Yes, you can travel back and forth between Shenzhen und HK on your multi entry visa. The downside is that you need to fill in the yellow paper and get a stamp every day. If you had a residence permit you could cross with a fingerprint in China. Technically you must reregister with the PSB after every entry, unless you had a residence permit.
    Also your time in HK won't count for the 7 years if you don't stay regularly over night.

shri likes this.

Hi thank you for your reply!
    I am sorry but I do not really understand the part about the ID scanning.
    Do I need to go scan my passport at a hotel every weekend if so?

Quote Originally Posted by Filmykul:
    CTS does China visa service for a fee, then you don't need to go to the consulate so a lot of people use them- they fill out the forms, make sure it's done correctly, etc. I used them, didn't want my form kicked back for some minor error. But sure, can just DIY and go yourself.

Thank you for your reply! Yes I do not mind doing that for a while, when I am still looking for jobs in Shenzhen and I am not looking to get a HK citizenship.

Just making sure I won't get stopped one day.

Staff at hotels and massage places scan customers' ID and send the copies via internet to police's system, ID can be China ID cards or HRP or Passports

So if I want to stay over the weekend, I need to get my ID scanned in order to not get suspicious?

Also, does anybody knows that when I fill in the yellow form, do I put my actual apartment address or do I pick a random hotel?

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Filmykul:
    Since the beginning of this year, this is no longer possible; you MUST use an agent to apply for your visa.

How much does a replacement passport cost for your nationality? AFAIK, mainland still stamps passports going in both directions, so you will run out of pages really fast.

And you will definitely need to register where you are staying with the PSB. Although different local offices have different standards of efficiency/ pernickettyness, things have overall become much stricter over the last couple of years.

Another thing to consider is where in SZ your partner will be working? If she is working in the north or east of the city, she will not thank you if you insist on living close to the HK border! You could both end up with horrible commutes.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast