Like Tree17Likes

Work in HK but live in Shenzhen, does multiple entry visa to China works?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Yes I just read about it here:

Airbnb complies with China law to hand over guest details as listings double  | South China Morning Post

This means every weekend, I should find a way to scan my ID as well.

I have been calculating, it should take about 8-9 months before the pages runs out so that should be fine, each page can takes around 8 to 10 stamps.

As for about apply for visa, do you mean applying for multiple entry is not possible anymore if not from CTS?

Two weeks ago, I tried to apply for a multiple entry but I got a double entry instead. I thought it was because my student visa has only a month left. The person at the Chinese visa place said she doesn't know why as well and suggest I should try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Filmykul:
    Hi thank you for your reply!
    I am sorry but I do not really understand the part about the ID scanning.
    Do I need to go scan my passport at a hotel every weekend if so?
    If you don't stay at a hotel, you need to visit the local police station near the home of your girlfriend to register your residence there. They will need her ID and rental contract the first time. You must register within 24 hours. If you don't have a residence permit you are legally required to register after every re-entry to China. Depending on where in Shenzhen you live the police will do random checks for the registration. Mostly in foreigner areas like Shekou and around Coco park. "within 24 hours" does not mean only if you are staying longer than 24h. You must get registered if you reside somewhere. Eg. Stay at your girlfriend's place over night: must register. Go to a massage place to get a handjob and then return to HK: don't need to register.

If you have a valid visa and cross the border every day.. your passport will have tons of entry/exit stamps. You can try to get the ePass for China, recently in April it was open for foreigners, but im not sure if Business visa or tourist visa can make use of it and its just for residence permits.
    In any case, that you cross the border is not a reason to be stopped, and in any case if you explain why you do it ain't gonna be a problem. Remember to register yourself in the house of your girlfriend.

If your passport get full of seals you'll need to renew for a new one, that will require also that you go to the visa office in HK to get a transfer of your old visa to your new passport and you will need to carry both passports at the time to cross the border.

Quote Originally Posted by Filmykul:
    I have been calculating, it should take about 8-9 months before the pages runs out so that should be fine, each page can takes around 8 to 10 stamps.

As for about apply for visa, do you mean applying for multiple entry is not possible anymore if not from CTS?

Two weeks ago, I tried to apply for a multiple entry but I got a double entry instead. I thought it was because my student visa has only a month left. The person at the Chinese visa place said she doesn't know why as well and suggest I should try again.
    Another thing to consider is what if there is a problem with your passport itself.
    For example some water damage or whatever they could complain about.
    They will ask you to get a new passport before you get a new visa or stamped in into the country.
    I have had that, with passport, even with my credit card there was a crack and shop would not accept it.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    If you don't stay at a hotel, you need to visit the local police station near the home of your girlfriend to register your residence there. They will need her ID and rental contract the first time. You must register within 24 hours. If you don't have a residence permit you are legally required to register after every re-entry to China. Depending on where in Shenzhen you live the police will do random checks for the registration. Mostly in foreigner areas like Shekou and around Coco park. "within 24 hours" does not mean only if you are staying longer than 24h. You must get registered if you reside somewhere. Eg. Stay at your girlfriend's place over night: must register. Go to a massage place to get a handjob and then return to HK: don't need to register.
    Afaik, the owner of the aptmt must be present as well, even any time they renew registration,
    which is good as long as his visa lasts. But perhaps they have become less strict these days
    under the new president

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    Hi,

As others have mentioned, your passport will fill up with stamps very quickly. When you have to renew your passport or China visa, you will need to find a place to stay in HK for a few days, which could be annoying.

Just to add a note on this.

Iv'e asked couple of days ago about getting stamp booklet from China immigration to save a space in the passport. To confirm in 2018. still exist but to get 1 you need to posses HKID. That's the only requirement.

Cheers
    stickyears and Filmykul like this.

The risk is that you can be refused entry each time you try to enter China. As a holder of a visitor visa they assess whether you are a genuine visitor each time you cross the border. Visitors are meant to visit China only, and not live there. If you want to live there you need a residence permit.
    If they see a regular pattern of you entering China, they may decide that you are not a genuine visitor and can refuse you entry.
    Whist people probably do it and get away with it for a while, the reality is that each time you cross the border there is a risk you will not be allowed entry. Depends on what your risk appetite is.

i dont think there are multiple entries tourist visas... they are virtually impossible to get. Most normal is Business Visa or Residence permits. In such case as i said, it is not illegal to work in HK and live in Shenzhen.. thats something very common in SHZ and many people do it.

Original Post Deleted
    It was a talk even I think on geoexpat before, and Iv'e found on internet before about it. Asked for it on the spot a customs guy whom stamping "Trumps big red buttons :-D"

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast