Traveling while in between jobs with HK employment visa

Closed Thread

Traveling while in between jobs with HK employment visa

Hi

If I am on an employment visa in Hong Kong (professionals category) and decide to switch jobs, I understand I will be permitted to stay in Hong Kong until the expiration of my employment visa but will not be able to work until I have a new employer as my sponsor / new work Visa - does anyone know whether I will be permitted to leave and re-enter Hong Kong on the same Visa status during that transition period (which would allow me to stay until work visa expiration) or whether I will then re-enter as a visitor if unemployed then / before I get my Visa transferred to the new employer / sponsor?

I see a few threads about transfer of sponsorship / change of employment but not one specifically relating to traveling in the period between jobs.

Thanks

Of course you can travel in and out of HK freely until the expiry of your employment visa regardless if you are employed or have left your job (this applies to HK and not necessarily other countries). Now if you do something else that's stupid, then I have no idea.