Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Fiona in HKG

Frequent employer change visa issue?

Closed Thread

Frequent employer change visa issue?

Hi All,

I am in a bit of tricky situation and need inputs from the experts here.

Is there an issue with immigration if i change my job within 1 month, i have recently started working with an employer(short term contract) but i have now received another full time role and i am keen to take that up,salary in both these case is 800k+. Does frequent change of employer say within 1 month creates an issue with immigration. Btw in my job prior to current one i had stayed for 2+ years.

Thanks.

Never heard of this being an issue

It's only a problem if you make it a problem.

I believe if you are changing to a similar job in the same industry there shouldn't be a problem. Remember that visas are issued for skills not readily available here so the same applies with a re-submission.

Mrs. Jones likes this.

Immigration probably won't, but your employer may not be particularly happy and if you're contracted through a headhunter/agency they might be really unhappy if they lose out on the commission - keep in mind this is a small market!

usually contract hirers are aware of contractee going for a full time role. you can also ask them if they want to convert you to a full time role.. unless you are really determined to move

This is through a agency and i see no chance of converting it to perm role, i have seen enough to be pretty sure neither agency or the employer will think for a second before firing me if need arises, so that's not a consideration for me, i kind of checked with immigration today and they don't seem to mind frequent changes as long as pay is high enough and skills are in demand