Like Tree19Likes

Dependent visa (I assume) has been rejected. Can I appeal?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Dependent visa (I assume) has been rejected. Can I appeal?

So after 6 weeks, today the application status on my online enquiry says 'Application Closed'. Which I assume means the visa has been rejected.

Now my assumption is that it was because my salary/income was too low (18k). However, i have recently gotten a new job (havent started yet, and still on notice period from old job though) where I am getting 24k.

So can I file an appeal? and if so how does one go around getting it done?

Also for more information, I am Pakistani here on an IANG visa. My wife is also Pakistani.

P.S we also applied for a visit visa concurrently, and while that was not rejected I got a letter asking for more documents. Did that in any way cause problems for the dependent visa?

Also, would it be better to simply make a new application? or do i need to appeal?

There seems to be a lot of visa applications being rejected at the moment, is it just the small sample we are getting on here or is there a trend.

To the OP, they have your rejection on file so I would appeal rather than make a new application.

How do i make an appeal?

Quote Originally Posted by ecy5ma2:
    How do i make an appeal?
    Have a look here. It's not the immigration website but the information seems to be presented a lot clearer, and simpler, for you to understand. http://www.hongkongvisahandbook.com/...onsiderations/
    ecy5ma2 and MABinPengChau like this.

If its says application closed, it doesnt mean it us rejected. Normally Wordings like successful or refusal will clearly mark the outcome.

It will say closed only when an application was abandoned or they didnt hear any correspondence back from the applicant? Are you sure the visa is refused? It can also be successful and closed!!

MABinPengChau likes this.

Wow this is good. So no forms, just a typed out letter stating why they should re-consider. Interesting.

Hope this information is up to date.

Thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by shafiq:
    If its says application closed, it doesnt mean it us rejected. Normally Wordings like successful or refusal will clearly mark the outcome.

It will say closed only when an application was abandoned or they didnt hear any correspondence back from the applicant? Are you sure the visa is refused?
    How can I be sure? For my IANG visa the status was always In-progress and when the visa was approved I would get a call to come and pick it up. Here there was no phone call, and no requests for additional information.

As per this link: http://www.hongkongvisageeza.com/my-...t-happens-now/

If there is no mention of visa approved it means visa is rejected

Please help!

Quote Originally Posted by ecy5ma2:
    How can I be sure?
    Please help!
    How can we help you? Just call immigration with your application number and they will tell you. Not that hard to do is it? We can only guess.
    chuckster007 likes this.

That is an excellent point. Sorry for being a bit of a dunce.

The # on acknowledgement letter is simply an automated voice telling me the same thing. Should I call on the general enquiry hotline and ask? Or is there any specific number for me to call and talk to a person?

Thank you, and sorry for the bother

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast