Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By PKS_2000
  • 2 Post By shri
  • 1 Post By HK_Katherine
  • 1 Post By HK_Katherine

Visa for Elderly Parents

Closed Thread

Question Visa for Elderly Parents

Kindly someone tell me.i m perminent resident and wamt to apply visa for perents.kindly tell.me.how much salary is required for 1 person visa

Are you a permanent resident or on a employment / student visa?

I m perminent resident i m not a student i have a job my monthly salary is 10.thousand i want to know for parents visa application how much slary is require.and how much balace in acount is required..

They never specify. 10k should be enough for a spouse dependent visa (just) but it's probably borderline for parents (if there are two of them). You can only apply and hope. 10k is going to be really tight to live on with your parents, unless they have their own savings to live on.

PKS_2000 likes this.

There are two types of visa you can try

1. Visitor visa - which is relatively straight forward.
    2. Dependent visa - this requires more details and more documents. I don't think the minimum salary is mentioned for this visa but there must be consideration.

you don't need to provide salary details but you need to provide bank statements.

HK_Katherine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PKS_2000:
    There are two types of visa you can try

1. Visitor visa - which is relatively straight forward.
    2. Dependent visa - this requires more details and more documents. I don't think the minimum salary is mentioned for this visa but there must be consideration.

you don't need to provide salary details but you need to provide bank statements.
    useful clarification. I assumed he meant a dependent visa because obviously you don't have to provide information for a visit visa. But given the lack of clarity in the posts, it could really have meant anything!
    PKS_2000 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    useful clarification. I assumed he meant a dependent visa because obviously you don't have to provide information for a visit visa. But given the lack of clarity in the posts, it could really have meant anything!
    South Asians get short duration visit visas. You can apply for longer duration visit visas, which need some paperwork, but relatively easier. Slight loophole, where a multi-month visa is easier to get than a longer term dependent visa.

Medical insurance can be problematic on a visitor visa, depending on how old the parents are, since they don't get dependent / residency coverage. Which might make it worth the time and paper work to get a dependent visa sorted from day 1.
    PKS_2000 and HK_Katherine like this.