• 2 Post By Trebor
  • 1 Post By Trebor
  • 1 Post By StinaLilleke
  • 2 Post By Trebor

Work Visa proof of employment/education

Closed Thread

Work Visa proof of employment/education

Hi everyone.

I submitted my visa application a few weeks ago and I know it will take time to process. My question is if they will call my previous employers? I gave two reference letters but I know my supervisor in one of the companies works for another company now. The reference letter has his number because he was the person who wrote the letter. The companies are in my home country in Estonia and just thinking if they will call to Estonia?

And my proof of education. I got my diploma translated but is that enough or they will need more proof?

Thank you everyone, who can advise me on this

I suspect they will write to the companies via email rather than call them.

From what I've read here on Geo - they're more interested in the local employer proving to them that they've interviewed local candidates and how they determined that you're the most qualified person to hire.

Assuming the local employer has done their due diligence.

I assumed they were asking if their new employer would call their previous employers.

Immigration will not contact your previous employer.

MABinPengChau and shri like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor:
    I assumed they were asking if their new employer would call their previous employers.

Immigration will not contact your previous employer.
    I'm thinking if Immigration will contact previous companies I worked for. Does Immigration have authority to contact ( call/email ) the company or will they notify me that they need more papers? Will they check what I have submitted?

I'm applying for the first time and hope I gave all the papers they need.

Immigration will only communicate with the Company applying for the visa.

shri and MABinPengChau like this.

Just saw on another thread that your salary is HKD 15,000. I think this will be the reason for any rejection rather than your background.

What kind of role is it? You are brave relocating here for that kind of salary if that is what you have done.

MABinPengChau likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor:
    Just saw on another thread that your salary is HKD 15,000. I think this will be the reason for any rejection rather than your background.

What kind of role is it? You are brave relocating here for that kind of salary if that is what you have done.
    It's a marketing / editorial content creation role. The reason for hiring me is my European and marketing background, also Russian language skills.

I'm relocating here because my boyfriend lives here. We want to live together and that's why I found a job here too.
    Trebor likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    I got it translated by the international sworn translation service. The university is a well known in my country, also it's in the World University Rankings, place around 400 in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by StinaLilleke:
    It's a marketing / editorial content creation role. The reason for hiring me is my European and marketing background, also Russian language skills.

I'm relocating here because my boyfriend lives here. We want to live together and that's why I found a job here too.
    Ah ok makes perfect sense. Well good luck with the application then. Failing that you could always get married and just work on a dependant visa
    shri and StinaLilleke like this.