Like Tree10Likes

PR PR PR - A Faster Way?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Original Post Deleted
    Do you know how they then verify your residency?

Thank you for heads up TB, we are submitting this month so it will save a LOT of hassle.

So how will they know, what ‘proof’ will suffice? TIA!

For the Permanent HKID application they have mentioned in the required documents to provide the proof of residence as well as tax and education/job record. is it necessary ? I just don't have the record of housing and tax with me. even though I have been living here 7 years straight.

Also for the PR application, there are quite many things they need. applying in person have any merits ? can i start both processes same day?

Mrs. Jones likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by london008:
    Just a quick update and question from those that have been through this. We got all the applicaton questions done, got all of the supporting evidence together but then realised that we just were not too sure what to answer to one question! Probably easier than I think it is but after spending 2 days completing forms for a family and getting all the stuff ready I think I might have a brain freeze. The section is 4.1 in the ROP145 Form on "Period of Ordinary Residence in Hong Kong". Do you just put the date of your first entry in HK which is 8 years ago, up to todays date? or up to your current visa expiry? Or do you do as this guy says and attach a supplemental document with all the times you have been outside of HK on holiday etc? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bungxqPQS4U

Below is the section I am referring to. Anyone that has completed if you could let me know! Cheers.
    This section I assume should be the validity of the different Visas you were under assuming you were in the 1-2-2-3 years Visa validity series. I would put the start and end dates of each of the 4 visas you would have held till date

To update all, went on down to IMMD Tower this morning with my oversized envelope that would not fit into the drop in box so had to hand it in. Due to my tight timeframe of wanting (trying) to get this in the next month before the hols I went full on-out. Might not be needed of course, but after dealing with many things over the last 8 years I have come to realise 'more is better' in governemnt type situations. Did the 2 main forms for each of the family, 7 years 1st page of joint bank statement showing clearly all HK addresses lived in over 8 years (yes they only need 7 years, but been here 8 years so did the lot), kids school term reports 1st page, tax salaries demand every year since arrival, visa stamp copies, HKID Copy, Passport copy and utility bill (CLP) showing current address all bundled together with a nice letter on the front going through each document. Yes it was probably overkill but I got in as much as humanly possible!

The one thing I didn't do was tenancy agreements. I have them if they want but bank statement, tax demand, utility bill clearly show addresses. And tenancy agreements are not in the list of requirements.

Original Post Deleted
    I had to submit proof of 7 years continuous residence with rental agreements, tax records etc asked for. My husband was only asked for his passport. The wording in our letters after the initial applications were different. I applied this year, my husband 17 months ago. I was a bit perplexed as to why I had to show proof in such detail as I assumed my time in Hong Kong was all shown via my smart ID card. ( I had no periods out of HK longer than 6 weeks a couple of times a year.)

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    I had to submit proof of 7 years continuous residence with rental agreements, tax records etc asked for. My husband was only asked for his passport. The wording in our letters after the initial applications were different. I applied this year, my husband 17 months ago. I was a bit perplexed as to why I had to show proof in such detail as I assumed my time in Hong Kong was all shown via my smart ID card. ( I had no periods out of HK longer than 6 weeks a couple of times a year.)
    Could this be some gender stereotyping? The man is always here working, so no need to check records in detail, but the dependent woman could be off roaming, so proof needed?

To update the original thread we are now just at about 2 and half months since the letter of acknowledgement to confirm receipt of our PR application, and either IMMD have gone on holiday or they are just really busy!

The online system status service continues to says 'In Progress' continually every day. Tried to give them a call a few times over the last couple of weeks and nobody ever picks up. Email sent to them last week still no response, just to check 'if we had missed any letter' from them as someone suggested in a separate thread. In the UK currently for a couple of months right now, got someone opening the mail back in HK meantime. Wont be back for another few weeks but this just seems a long time. Should be no issue over the application, the 3 of us (wife, kid) been in HK for 8 years straight etc.

Anyone applied in the last few months and seen it go over 2 and half months? Maybe I'm getting concerned over nothing here and it will just play out but I didn't expect it taking this long.

Quote Originally Posted by london008:
    To update the original thread we are now just at about 2 and half months since the letter of acknowledgement to confirm receipt of our PR application, and either IMMD have gone on holiday or they are just really busy!

The online system status service continues to says 'In Progress' continually every day. Tried to give them a call a few times over the last couple of weeks and nobody ever picks up. Email sent to them last week still no response, just to check 'if we had missed any letter' from them as someone suggested in a separate thread. In the UK currently for a couple of months right now, got someone opening the mail back in HK meantime. Wont be back for another few weeks but this just seems a long time. Should be no issue over the application, the 3 of us (wife, kid) been in HK for 8 years straight etc.

Anyone applied in the last few months and seen it go over 2 and half months? Maybe I'm getting concerned over nothing here and it will just play out but I didn't expect it taking this long.

I had applied earlier this month and got an approval in less than 3 weeks (a day after I complete my 7 years as I had applied early) and got everything done in 3 weeks flat. Just as an FYI, I thought my case will be slightly complicated as I had a gap of 1 year way from Hong Kong , but was approved the very next day of completing 7 years, so I am assuming you might have missed the letter if all the required documents were submitted.

Also as an FYI, the online status will show " In Progress" till the date you actually complete your 'interview' at the Immigration Tower and not upon the letter being sent, so I would suggest not depend on that to track the application.

Dont know why you wouldn’t do an online application. It is the simplest thing out, and all those documents you provided were totally unnecessary as The Brit mentioned. As you got an acknowledgement letter and you said it was straightforward with no breaks I think that can be the only reason.