Like Tree22Likes

Visit visa for Pakistani

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Visit visa for Pakistani

Hi,

i applied for a Hong Kong visit visa on 20 aug. I need to fly to HK on 29th September but so far iceberg heard no news.

I applied through the Chinese embassy in Singapore (I’m a Singapore PR here). They say they haven’t heard anything and just said it can take more than 4 weeks (I’m in my 5th week). Asked me to call the HK immigration department, which I did. But the person just took my details and said they’ll email me. So far nothing from there too.

Please tell me if there’s anything I can do. I have gotten a visa for HK before and it exactly a month. I’m not sure what’s causing the issue this time

I would email the Immigration in Hong Kong again. Have you provided all the documents they asked for? If you have not, this could be one of the reasons for holding up the visa.

shri likes this.

Yes, best to email. Their turn around time is usually 24 hours.

I have already emailed them last week but the only reply I got was that it has been forwarded to the respective department.

Submitted all the documents as I was asked. I remember 3 years ago when I went to HK and applied for my visa, the documents were incomplete and the Chinese consulate in SG didn't accept my application, so I am pretty sure the documentation this time round is in order.

Still no replies to my emails I have sent to them. And the Chinese consulate says they specifically checked my case and haven't heard any update on my application (i.e. still processing).

Seriously I don't think I know of any country that takes this long to process a tourist visa.

Did you make it clear that you have Sing PR? Was the intended purpose of visit you gave them is tourism? Showed reasonable amout on funds ro support urself?

They specifically ask for my resident status in Singapore since I applied from here so they know I’m a PR. They also know it’s for tourism.

For reasonable funds, my bank account has 10k Sing dollars. I would think that should suffice for a 2 day trip to HK?

I called the embassy again today and they said they haven’t heard anything. Said they can’t help. I’m gonna try going to the embassy tomorrow and see what they can do. The least they could do is check with HK immigration department and ask them to expedite as I’m sure this application is just stuck somewhere.

Went down to the embassy today. The officer actually checked on the latest approvals that had come in but mine wasn't there. She told me to keep emailing and calling the HK immigration dept, which I did. The person on the phone said he would put a special request to reply me at the soonest. Haven't heard anything.

I just checked the last time I applied for HK visa, it took 2 weeks to get approved. Honestly wondering if my application is lost somewhere. I have to go to a weeding this weekend it's really important for me to be there...

Have you even recd like a reference number or application recd letter etc from consulate or HK Immigration, if till now you havent recd anything then I assumed most likely its been lost or ended up in the wrong dept in HK. If you have to be in HK this weekend can you ask the Chinese consulate or call up HK immigration dept again if they can do a rush on a new application.

When you apply through a Chinese consulate, you aren’t provided with a reference number or an acknowledgement from the HK immigration department. At least that’s what I’ve been told from the Chinese consulate.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast