Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By chuckster007
  • 1 Post By ByeByeEngland
  • 1 Post By rani

Helper visa/Philippine consulate appt

Closed Thread

Helper visa/Philippine consulate appt

Apologies if this has been asked; however I cannot see any thread relating to such.

We are using an agency for our helpers visa processing (she is currently in HK for 10yrs, finish contract etc...) she’s been told she has appt at Philippine consulate. Can anyone confirm:

Does she herself have to physically attend the appt in person or if the agency goes on her behalf?

Purpose of the appt? Next stage?

yes... I have emailed the agency but with it being Sunday evening I won’t get a reply till tomorrow sometime.

Thanks for your help!

If you are using an agency for a finish contract helper who is still in HK then 1st of all you are getting milked for something that the helper herself could have done, all you and the helper would have needed to do was get the contract form from HK Immigration, fill it in, drop it of the Philippines consulate for checking and stamping, once that is done then hand it into the HK immigration.

Not sure why the helper needs to attend an appointment at the consulate, the agency should handle all the paperwork, that is what you are paying them for.

shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    If you are using an agency for a finish contract helper who is still in HK then 1st of all you are getting milked for something that the helper herself could have done, all you and the helper would have needed to do was get the contract form from HK Immigration, fill it in, drop it of the Philippines consulate for checking and stamping, once that is done then hand it into the HK immigration.

Not sure why the helper needs to attend an appointment at the consulate, the agency should handle all the paperwork, that is what you are paying them for.
    I’m afraid not. Agency or not the helper still needs to go to consulate. Why anyone would want to use an agency is an entirely different question. Firstly they fleece the helpers then they generally take their time doing something easily achieved between helper and employer fleecing again
    shri likes this.

Agree with what the posters have said above.

Check that the agency is not charging the helper in addition to charging you - many do. Some also kick back a bit of the agency fee to the helper as a referral fee, although this is rare.

So to ask again, can anyone confirm whether it’s the helper or the agency that goes to the consulate for the appt? We had our own personal reasons for using an agency, so no need for judgement there. Everyone’s situation is unique and their reasons for using an agency (or not) are theirs alone. I’m simply looking for clarification regarding the appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadianflyer:
    So to ask again, can anyone confirm whether it’s the helper or the agency that goes to the consulate for the appt? We had our own personal reasons for using an agency, so no need for judgement there. Everyone’s situation is unique and their reasons for using an agency (or not) are theirs alone. I’m simply looking for clarification regarding the appointment.
    Ask the agency. Personally I thought the helper had to go but can't confirm that for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadianflyer:
    The agency can submit the docs. Just need to drop it in and pick up after a week. As far as I know helper doesn't need to go in.

Labor & Employment
    chuckster007 likes this.

just asked my ex helper, if u r using an agency for a finished contract helper, agency does all the work and helper does not need to go to consulate.

I have just asked my helper who has been In Hong Kong for years. She told me the agency can do the processing and the helper does not need to go to the Consulate. It seems that some agencies get the helper to do their work!!

Thanks both. I stand slightly corrected. But I really don’t understand the need for agency. The process is relatively simple