Like Tree8Likes

Dependant visa, domestic helper - few questions

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Dependant visa, domestic helper - few questions

Hello there,

My name is Peter, Im from Europe. I have a working visa and I know my wife (Phillipines) for about 1,5 year. I was only able to be with her for 3 months, but I decided to try to get working visa and get back to HK. I succeded. About one month ago we got married and we have submitted documents for dependant visa.

In the counter I was told that I will recive a letter on "sponsors" adress, but qafter 3 weeks I havent recived anything so I decided to go there to immigration department and ask few questions. I was sent from 7 floor to floor number 5, counter 39.

On 7 floor guy told me that our case is a bit different (not sure if it was different, but something like that), because my wife is a domestic helper. This is the reason why I had to go on 5 floor.

Im just wondering if someone can give me some information why documents were send to 5 floor, is it a normal issue?
    At the counter lady told me to wait 4-6 weeks for case review, I understand I was just wondering why I didnt recived any letter with confirmation as the lady when I was submitting documents told me. Im thinking what else I can tell, Im not hiring my wife. I earn more than 20k. Do you think that we have any chances? I will appreciate for any information, just for self assurance.

I know I need to wait few more weeks, I dont mind, just hope that lady wasnt mad at me because I came there.

Im waiting for any information, thanks in advance!!!

Last edited by Matusz; 18-10-2018 at 11:58 PM.

They will be wanting to check it is a "genuine" relationship. When you say you submitted documents, what were these? They will probably want photos, letters, etc.

Don't worry, it might take longer than normal but you will get the visa eventually.

What I h ave submitted:
    - Form
    - Our ID and passports
    - My wife's birth certificate - even though it looks very bad
    - My bank statement for the last 6 months if Im correct
    - Invoices for the apartment
    - Our pictures (about 15 of them, nothing spicy but on few of them we are kissing)

I was reading their manual so they wanted letters, but we didnt have any of them, just could also add our whatsapp conversations.
    I also hope it will be good, just reading a lot of cases and maybe thats the reason why I got nervous of waiting for the letter with reference number.

Thank you for a reply hullexile.

Quote Originally Posted by Matusz:
    What I h ave submitted:
    - Form
    - Our ID and passports
    - My wife's birth certificate - even though it looks very bad
    - My bank statement for the last 6 months if Im correct
    - Invoices for the apartment
    - Our pictures (about 15 of them, nothing spicy but on few of them we are kissing)

I was reading their manual so they wanted letters, but we didnt have any of them, just could also add our whatsapp conversations.
    I also hope it will be good, just reading a lot of cases and maybe thats the reason why I got nervous of waiting for the letter with reference number.

Thank you for a reply hullexile.
    Yes letters are a problem now, luckily I found a couple of valentine's cards . Every case is different but I found immigration to be quite tough at first (how many children does she have? You know what they are like") but then very human and helpful later.
    shri likes this.

She has a daughter, we went on vacations to Phillipines, I was even able to make a movie of that trip, the best thing is that daughter is calling me Daddy .

Quote Originally Posted by Matusz:
    She has a daughter, we went on vacations to Phillipines, I was even able to make a movie of that trip, the best thing is that daughter is calling me Daddy .
    Lovely. If you want any advice on adopting her in the Philippines let me know .

Hi, sorry I wanna know if there was a case of a dependent visa not being approved?

They are very careful of marriages of convenience you just need to be persistent with them, arguing does no good just provide everything they ask for.
    How old is the daughter? The best gift you can give her is to get her here too and provide an education.
    Good luck.

If you are genuine and provide everything they ask for then there is very little chance of it not being approved.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary 2:
    The best gift you can give her is to get her here too and provide an education.
    Good luck.
    I don't think it is as clear cut as that. If the mother is living in HK then the best place for the kid would seem to be HK (getting a dependent visa for a stepchild is no problem). I don't think an education in HK is necessarily always better than the Philippines though.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast