90 day visa/transit

Closed Thread

90 day visa/transit

Hellp guys.

We applied for our baby's dependeant visa and 10 weeks since the last submission of supporting documents, no reply yet. Our baby is now here in hk with her parents, both hk permanent residents, as well as her 2 brothers, born here too. Our daughter was born in the Philippines.
    She is on 90 day transit/visit visa which we applied and is expiring on nov 25. We ate worried that the dependent visa wont come out until nov 15 and she has to leave hk. Question is, can i apply again for another transit/visit visa?

Easy apart from having to spend most of a day in Immigration, just apply for rn extension of stay pending her visa. It will hopefully prompt them to issue her new visa so not needing an extension.

First thing - follow up with an email to Immigration ([email protected]) and explain your situation - see if they give you specifics or a standard response?

You really do need to get their side of the story if you can.

If the standard response is "processing your application" then try and escalate your case, as you have a very legitimate concern and need.

Second thing - If your case is genuine and you're not trying to pull a fast one (not saying you are!). A good place to go directory.gov.hk and look for senior officers who are in charge of visa departments - email or call them and see what happens.

Hello. We had a written agreement taht she wont apply for extention when here 90 day visa expires. Because she's been here in and out of hk as a visitor and has extended her visa several times. Thats why we applied for 90 days. Im wondering if we can apply again?

the immigration asked for more supporting docs. They just mailed us today. Because i emailed them last week.

Another concern now is that theyre asking for my financial status. I dont have work at he moment because I couldn't commit while my daughter's visa is pending. So i have nothing to provide to them

I dont have work at he moment because I couldn't commit while my daughter's visa is pending. So i have nothing to provide to them
    You should provide them that information and any other proof that you're capable or were earning a salary in the past.

If you've agreed to a no-extension agreement, doubt you'd be able to get another 90 day permit, but they might consider giving you a extension as long as you keep your dependent processing active.

IMMD is usually not in the business of messing up people's lives as long as the cases are genuine.

Thanks for enlightening me up shri.
    Will take your advice and explain to them our situation.