Like Tree5Likes

Best us visa for applying nanny in us

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Best us visa for applying nanny in us

Hi! Any experience to apply us visa for nanny in usa? what kind of us visa need to apply thank you

You want to apply a visa to work in USA as a Nanny??

Yes.. but i dont have an idea where should i start and looking for agencies to assist...

American residents cannot hire domestic workers from overseas. Nannies within the US either have existing visa to reside and work in the US, or they were brought over by families who moved from other countries into the US. It can be done in Canada if you want to consider that country instead, but you need to find a Canadian employer willing to sponsor you.

chuckster007 likes this.

Actually i have an employer already or willing to sponsor me but we still looking an agencies to process and guide. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Yanglie:
    Actually i have an employer already or willing to sponsor me but we still looking an agencies to process and guide. Thank you
    Is the employer here, did you physically meet them, I've seen some fake scamming ads where they are looking for nannies in USA so becareful.
    shri likes this.

If you are under 26, can apply for a J-1 visa ("au pair" type visa). I think an agency may have to get involved, not sure how it all works...

Quote Originally Posted by Yanglie:
    A willing employer is irrelevant. If they are based inside the United States right now there is no legal route through which they can bring you over as a domestic worker.

They can bring you if they currently employ you overseas and will be transferring to the US for work purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    A willing employer is irrelevant. If they are based inside the United States right now there is no legal route through which they can bring you over as a domestic worker.

They can bring you if they currently employ you overseas and will be transferring to the US for work purposes.
    If she's looking for J1 then she'd already be registered with an au pair agency as there are requirements to meet to fulfill that program re: "educational element" of the job.

She's one of my auntie's close friend and she ask to find her a nanny thats why my auntie ask me to apply for her as a nanny thak you

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast