Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hullexile

Working Visa Rejected for a 2nd Time. WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Closed Thread

Working Visa Rejected for a 2nd Time. WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Hi All,

My girlfriend has been trying to apply with a working visa for a medium size company that she has worked as an intern. Her employer liked her performance and she is able to fill in a position that was has left one month ago. So she applied a working visa for the job.

However, the working visa was rejected the application as the immigration department said that her job position can be replaced by a local. We did follow appeal to the immigration department following guidelines and stated that her degrees is a niche one which is not available in Hong Kong, and her job requested bio-chemistry science, knowledge and able to speaking multiple languages, which makes her job not able to be replaced by a local.

Sorry I was making broad descriptions in this thread but in the supporting documents, she has made it very niche and clear that it is not be able to be replaced by a local. Yet she just received few days ago that our second application has been rejected again, due to the supporting arguments not able to fit the requirement.

I am just very frustrated with the rejection and i don't know what to do next. Please Help!

You don't mention whether the employer was involved in the appeal, a basic requirement. It reads to me as though she applied, was rejected, then changed the requirements to get the visa. Immigration probably thought the same.

shri likes this.

Perhaps the company is too small to have a visa approved, does not have a track record of employing locals, or your girlfriend's credentials don't stand out compared to other graduates looking for entry level roles. She will have better luck with a corporation that has quota, and size, to play with.

Sorry for the confusion, it was the employer's company who did the application. My girlfriend did help by explaining her "skills" to the employer and the HR department to make her more standout in the application.

Again it is a medium size company so she contributed her part in the application, the rest was done by the employer with the documents and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    You don't mention whether the employer was involved in the appeal, a basic requirement. It reads to me as though she applied, was rejected, then changed the requirements to get the visa. Immigration probably thought the same.
    Sorry for the confusion, it was the employer's company who did the application. My girlfriend did help by explaining her "skills" to the employer and the HR department to make her more standout in the application.

Again it is a medium size company so she contributed her part in the application, the rest was done by the employer with the documents and so on.

In the intern role, was she here on a Training Visa?

Level of salary might play a role in this as well.

"in the supporting documents, she has made it very niche and clear that it is not be able to be replaced by a local. Yet she just received few days ago that our second application has been rejected again, due to the supporting arguments not able to fit the requirement."

Not sure if it is just not expressed clearly in this para, but the company is the one writing the supporting letter, not the applicant. The company has to represent to Immigration, why this candidate has been selected and what specific niche requirements the candidate is able to fill. They then prove they have tried to recruit locally and have failed.

So not sure why it is the applicant writing the letter to explain why the role can't be filled locally. As raised below, it may be salary level. It may also be perceived as a training visa 'conversion' and Immigration don't particularly like those.

Things don't seem to be too clear as to how the application has been processed and by whom but two rejections isn't good, I'd say. In the second application, what was changed? Job title, job responsibilities, salary, proof of trying to hire locally?