Processing Time of Employment / GEP Visa

Closed Thread
    HongkongTheGreat

Post Processing Time of Employment / GEP Visa

What is the processing time of the GEP Visa? How long it will take? My company is one of the biggest company in Hongkong. I submitted my application last October 29, until now haven't heard anything from the Hongkong immigration.

Quote Originally Posted by DenieceP:
    What is the processing time of the GEP Visa? How long it will take? My company is one of the biggest company in Hongkong. I submitted my application last October 29, until now haven't heard anything from the Hongkong immigration.
    If your company is one of the biggest companies in Hong Kong, they should be following this up for you - what do they say?

Just looked at your previous posts. So you're coming off a Training Visa and wanting to immediately get a GEP? That is a tough one, I have heard they won't do that as having just finished training, hard for you to meet requirements of the GEP, particularly that they cannot find someone in HK to fill the role.

Also, which hotel company in HK is one of the biggest companies here?

HongkongTheGreat

They said it's still in progress. It's a hotel group. I received a lot of guests compliments and also received an awards. I had a lots of trainings previously which is experiences. Also I graduated with a four year course in the major of hospitality.

Last edited by shri; 02-12-2018 at 07:37 PM.

Maybe you should wait more. I've heard it takes around 6 weeks in general. (I'm also waiting for visa application, too)

4-6 weeks is the usual assuming paperwork is all in order.
    So you still have another few weeks to go.

We've just had one approved in three weeks. We submitted another application a week ago and expect to receive it by Christmas. This is a relatively quiet time of the year for ImmD so for any straightforward applications (ours were both management positions for highly skilled roles at 100K+ salaries), it is pretty quick at the moment.