Like Tree53Likes

HK Smart ID Card Replacement Exercise

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jabalong:
    Hmmm, anyone know if this is actually enforced?

Seems irresponsible during a pandemic. A lot of countries have gone the other way and done blanket extensions of ID expiries in order to minimize the flow of people unnecessarily queueing.
    The system works ok, when I did mine I was in and out in 10 minutes on both occasions and obviously each site is set up for pandemic measures, distancing and so on. Already the programme has been delayed during civil service WFH periods.

Quote Originally Posted by Sith:
    Btw all slots for the island and Kowloon are full, only availability is in the New Territories. I’m not going to travel there for this. So what’s the alternative?
    I'm just looking at the booking portal and it says:

"You can make an appointment for the next 24 working days (except public holidays)."

24 working days from today is Sat 17 Apr, which jives with current bookings up to Fri 16 Apr.

So, seems like you can just wait a few days and try your luck when new dates/slots open.

Anyone know what the trick is to this? What time each day do they open up the new dates/slots?
    Sith and Sage like this.

Quote Originally Posted by stickyears:
    The system works ok, when I did mine I was in and out in 10 minutes on both occasions and obviously each site is set up for pandemic measures, distancing and so on. Already the programme has been delayed during civil service WFH periods.
    Well, having just booked my Covid vaccinations, maybe I can squeeze this in once the vaccine efficacy kicks in.

Does it matter if I actually replace it during this window?
    No, you can also book now and tell them you have lost it

So, seems like you can just wait a few days and try your luck when new dates/slots open.

Anyone know what the trick is to this? What time each day do they open up the new dates/slots?
    Found the answer myself, the system releases the next booking date after midnight.

Q3. What if the appointment booking quota on the date I prefer has already been filled?

Appointment booking system provides booking services for the following 24 working days. If the quota for your preferred day has been filled, you can make an appointment on another day. Quota of the 25th working day will be released after midnight. Besides, there are limited walk-in quotas at Registration of Persons Offices. Subject to the availability of quota, you may attend a Registration of Persons Office in person for a walk-in tag.
    https://webapp.es2.immd.gov.hk/smart.../menuPage/faqs
    Sage likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by VillanElle:
    No, you can also book now and tell them you have lost it
    $370 fee for that though.

You can walk in without appointment and get your replacement ID application processed. My wife did it on sat morning (Kwun Tong) and my helper did it on friday 5 pm (Wan Chai). No booking needed.

I was going to do it this morning but couldn be arsed, will try and get it done tomorrow morning, hopefully i can be bothered.

jabalong likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by stickyears:
    $370 fee for that though.
    a small price to pay for jumping the queue, but he can also go later. Is it free if going later?
    shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    You can walk in without appointment and get your replacement ID application processed. My wife did it on sat morning (Kwun Tong) and my helper did it on friday 5 pm (Wan Chai). No booking needed.
    yes you can. i booked mine last week at Kwun tong around 5.45pm.. the place was entirely empty.. anyone could have walked in and i believe they will serve you.. the risk is if its busy they just turn you away...
    shri likes this.

Sorted mine in TKO last month. Easy to book appointment. 10 mins for first appointment, in and out within 5 minutes for card collection. Hardly anyone there. Will go to same centre for my daughters card renewal in the next batch.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast