Like Tree61Likes

HK Smart ID Card Replacement Exercise

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jabalong:
    So, seems like you can just wait a few days and try your luck when new dates/slots open.

Anyone know what the trick is to this? What time each day do they open up the new dates/slots?
    Found the answer myself, the system releases the next booking date after midnight.

Q3. What if the appointment booking quota on the date I prefer has already been filled?

Appointment booking system provides booking services for the following 24 working days. If the quota for your preferred day has been filled, you can make an appointment on another day. Quota of the 25th working day will be released after midnight. Besides, there are limited walk-in quotas at Registration of Persons Offices. Subject to the availability of quota, you may attend a Registration of Persons Office in person for a walk-in tag.
    https://webapp.es2.immd.gov.hk/smart.../menuPage/faqs
    Sage likes this.

You can walk in without appointment and get your replacement ID application processed. My wife did it on sat morning (Kwun Tong) and my helper did it on friday 5 pm (Wan Chai). No booking needed.

I was going to do it this morning but couldn be arsed, will try and get it done tomorrow morning, hopefully i can be bothered.

jabalong likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    a small price to pay for jumping the queue, but he can also go later. Is it free if going later?
    shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    You can walk in without appointment and get your replacement ID application processed. My wife did it on sat morning (Kwun Tong) and my helper did it on friday 5 pm (Wan Chai). No booking needed.
    yes you can. i booked mine last week at Kwun tong around 5.45pm.. the place was entirely empty.. anyone could have walked in and i believe they will serve you.. the risk is if its busy they just turn you away...
    shri likes this.

Sorted mine in TKO last month. Easy to book appointment. 10 mins for first appointment, in and out within 5 minutes for card collection. Hardly anyone there. Will go to same centre for my daughters card renewal in the next batch.

The process be easy. You best to get it done IMO.

I missed my 'year' slot (by a couple of years!) I've now made a booking - but got a message that I might need to give a reason why I did not attend at the right time. Anyone with experience of that - are you given a hard time for not attending at the right time?

When I booked there was only slots at locations far from me. I spent about 10 min refreshing the list of available slots page (you need to click a time and then go back to make it refresh) I was able to get the location I wanted the next day. You have to be quick once you click it, so have all your info handy.

Quote Originally Posted by BCD:
    When I booked there was only slots at locations far from me. I spent about 10 min refreshing the list of available slots page (you need to click a time and then go back to make it refresh) I was able to get the location I wanted the next day. You have to be quick once you click it, so have all your info handy.
    I just did exactly this. Nothing was available in the next month unless in the deepest darkest dark side. Did your refresh trick, and lo and behold an appointment tomorrow afternoon in Wanchai.

Thanks!
    BCD and jabalong like this.

everyday at midnight the system refreshes with slots that are previously cancelled or changed, from what i have heard.. .. so if you need it desperately you can go online after mid-night and hope to get a quick one...

Sith likes this.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast