- Booked my appointment online a couple of weeks ago.
- You can take an elderly person, either friend or family with you.
- You can prefill your contact details for yourself and the person you take with you online. The form seems a bit buggered as I could not enter my details, but could do that for the person I took with me.
If you would like to bring along family members or friends who have attained the age of 65 or above in 2019 (i.e. year of birth of 1954 or before), you may make an appointment for up to 3 applicants, including yourself.
- You get an email with a QR code on it which you scan when you arrive at the center. The automated machine gives you a reference slip with a number that they display on a monitor.
- Wait was about 5 minutes from printing the slip
- Initial verification of ID card and finger prints / photo taking / form checking took about 5-7 mins.
- You are then given your reference number and forms back and asked to wait in another queue.
- This time around the wait was 3-4 mins. The person handling the second check was obviously a more senior officer and took the finger prints again and verified the forms. I had a form to pick up my friend's ID card on their behalf and he verified with my friend that they'd consented to this and sign off on it.
- Appointment date - 04/05. Replacement ID card pick up 15/05. You have to show up with your ID card (and cards of the person you're picking for) and return those to the IMMD and they give you your new card(s). The pick up window is 1 month, mine is 15/05-17/06.
Painless and took about 15-20 mins on a Sat morning @ 10:30.
Plenty of seating and it was not crowded at all, everyone seemed to be in a very good mood. No clue how moods / waits fluctuate as the day progresses.