Like Tree49Likes

Permanent Residence Application

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Probably depends on your type of visa. I doubt they will ask for MPF if you spent your 7 years here on a dependant visa.

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!:
    Not sure that MPF has anything to do with obtaining PR.
    As far as I understand, under Hong Kong working visa, it is an obligation to have MPF contribution.

Basically, having a working contract in Hong Kong, you will be automatically entitled to have MPF. So the case I have explained above applied for working visas.

That's a question I want to ask. My husband just received his dependent visa + HKID. He's in his mid 50s, so we don't think it is easy for him to find a job here, and to be honest, our financial situation does not require him to do so. I wonder what will happen in 7 years when he will apply for PR without any employment proof.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    Probably depends on your type of visa. I doubt they will ask for MPF if you spent your 7 years here on a dependant visa.

Original Post Deleted
    Good to know that. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by littlemermaid:
    That's a question I want to ask. My husband just received his dependent visa + HKID. He's in his mid 50s, so we don't think it is easy for him to find a job here, and to be honest, our financial situation does not require him to do so. I wonder what will happen in 7 years when he will apply for PR without any employment proof.
    If he is here for 7 years on a dependent visa, he will get PR with no questions asked and no need to supply any documentation. Employment, paying MPF, etc are not conditions for getting PR. They are only used as supporting evidence in exceptional cases for people who are assessed to be possibly cheating the system. But living here for 7 years on a dependent visa is not an exceptional case and will be granted PR with no questions asked.
    littlemermaid and shri like this.

Original Post Deleted
    I guess it really depends on case by case. My colleague was asked to bring his MPF statements, but he did not come to HK for the whole 2018. So probably it still serves as a supporting document under working visa.

Quote Originally Posted by ierand:
    I guess it really depends on case by case. My colleague was asked to bring his MPF statements, but he did not come to HK for the whole 2018. So probably it still serves as a supporting document under working visa.
    It's not really case by case. You said in a previous post that your colleague was OUT OF HONG KONG for more than a year in 2018. So this is why he was asked to show MPF statements. He has to show additional evidence that Hong Kong was really still his home even when he was not living in Hong Kong for over 6 months. But for most normal people, if you are here for 7 years then this is enough evidence and you will get PR easily even if you are unemployed the whole 7 years, not paying any MPF, etc.
    ierand and Mrs. Jones like this.

I didnt show any MPF statements, i did submit my tax receipts for 7 years though.

Permanent Residence Application

Not sure if anyone can clarify. I have a dependent Visa issued back in Oct 2013 but not actually entered HK until March of 2014 which means there is a 5 Months gap when my Dependent Visa expires this year. So 1 do i need to apply for another dependent Visa to take me up another year so i fill my 7 years or 2 do i treat my Dependent Visa issuance as the anniversary. Thanks in advance anyone can help answer my dilemma.

Quote Originally Posted by Toanly:
    Not sure if anyone can clarify. I have a dependent Visa issued back in Oct 2013 but not actually entered HK until March of 2014 which means there is a 5 Months gap when my Dependent Visa expires this year. So 1 do i need to apply for another dependent Visa to take me up another year so i fill my 7 years or 2 do i treat my Dependent Visa issuance as the anniversary. Thanks in advance anyone can help answer my dilemma.
    You would need an extension anyway even if you did take Oct 2013 as the anniversary date. You are only eligible once the 7 years is up so as soon as your DV expires and you dont renew then you are overstaying.
    shri and emx like this.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast