They will actually start the process but they won't give you an appointment before your 7th year anniversary is up. You might as well get your appointment right on yr anniversary.
Just get the paper and authorize someone else to pickup your hkid for you.
- apply a month in advance,
- get the interview confirmation ; goto immigration website and change the confirmed interview to an earlier date ( i have done that),
- book a hkid application appointment for the same day, and as soon as you receive your verification of eligibility for PR, head down and get the ID done.
- you can nominate a person to pickup the ID card for you right then.
- you will need the temporary ID paper when you leave hong kong ; but if they must have that for pickup, so you can just mail that back to HK.
- Usually the hkid pickup will be 7 - 10 days from application. whoever picks up your hkid can again ems that to you wherever you are.
Hope it works for you.
Originally Posted by ierand: