Like Tree49Likes

Permanent Residence Application

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    Basically do you have good relationship with your company, with the HR department, and are they likely to get pissed off with you and upset if you resign as soon as they have given you the letter for you to extend your employment visa? Of course this is a huge risk, if they notify immigration dept before the visa extension is approved then you are screwed. So I definitely wouldn't do this and give myself the extra stress. But only you know how your company and in particular the HR person is going to act after you pull this stunt on them.
    yeah, HR would be a problem... feel like they would play by the rules and I think the company has to notify Immigration Department as soon as they know that I am leaving (not sure about that part though, that is actually my question, whether company has any motivation to talk to Immigration). My boss is aware of my situation, but I doubt she or even our director can influence HR.

Quote Originally Posted by ierand:
    yeah, HR would be a problem... feel like they would play by the rules and I think the company has to notify Immigration Department as soon as they know that I am leaving (not sure about that part though, that is actually my question, whether company has any motivation to talk to Immigration). My boss is aware of my situation, but I doubt she or even our director can influence HR.
    Strongly recommend you to transfer your employment visa to student visa, otherwise, even not sure if your university would take you in. There won't be any gap if you apply now and resign in August...
    Beanieskis likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cuihua:
    Strongly recommend you to transfer your employment visa to student visa, otherwise, even not sure if your university would take you in. There won't be any gap if you apply now and resign in August...
    in my case, it is not an employment visa. If it is, then for sure my visa/ HKID would be cancelled out and I would need a student visa. My current visa is an extension of IANG (non-local graduate in Hong Kong). As far as I know, I can change my employment/quit without my visa being cancelled. Just when I extend IANG, I need company and not university.

in my case, it is not an employment visa. If it is, then for sure my visa/ HKID would be cancelled out and I would need a student visa. My current visa is an extension of IANG (non-local graduate in Hong Kong). As far as I know, I can change my employment/quit without my visa being cancelled. Just when I extend IANG, I need company and not university.
    Are you allowed to study in Hong Kong institution under IANG? Or you need a student visa?

Quote Originally Posted by cuihua:
    Are you allowed to study in Hong Kong institution under IANG? Or you need a student visa?
    I can use IANG for study, no need for student visa. It seems that university does not really care what visa I hold, as long as I am legally staying in HK.

Original Post Deleted
    the extensions for IANG work on 2-2-3 basis. So I already had one extension for 2 years. This one also must be 2 years. My programme is 1 year. Also August I can apply for PR, so I should be covered...

Good question from your side... quite many mainlanders do masters right after bachelors, but I am not sure if they use new study visa or IANG.

I can use IANG for study, no need for student visa. It seems that university does not really care what visa I hold, as long as I am legally staying in HK.
    Suggesting you check with your university though.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8