Like Tree49Likes

Permanent Residence Application

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9

Quote Originally Posted by cuihua:
    Are you allowed to study in Hong Kong institution under IANG? Or you need a student visa?
    I can use IANG for study, no need for student visa. It seems that university does not really care what visa I hold, as long as I am legally staying in HK.

Little gaps between visas don’t break the 7 years. Also, IANG Visa can only be extended if you can prove a work contract I think. So if your current IANG visa does not last the entire duration of your studies you might need to switch to a student visa anyway.

also, I wonder if you can just apply for your IANG visa again once you’ve graduated from your new degree.

Quote Originally Posted by mucaari:
    Little gaps between visas don’t break the 7 years. Also, IANG Visa can only be extended if you can prove a work contract I think. So if your current IANG visa does not last the entire duration of your studies you might need to switch to a student visa anyway.

also, I wonder if you can just apply for your IANG visa again once you’ve graduated from your new degree.
    the extensions for IANG work on 2-2-3 basis. So I already had one extension for 2 years. This one also must be 2 years. My programme is 1 year. Also August I can apply for PR, so I should be covered...

Good question from your side... quite many mainlanders do masters right after bachelors, but I am not sure if they use new study visa or IANG.

Quote Originally Posted by ierand:
    I can use IANG for study, no need for student visa. It seems that university does not really care what visa I hold, as long as I am legally staying in HK.
    Suggesting you check with your university though.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9