Like Tree49Likes

Permanent Residence Application

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Permanent Residence Application

I am approaching 7 years of residence in HK come February 10th. Looking at the forms to be filled in, got a couple of questions :

- can I apply a month or so earlier ( today?)?

- ROP 145 asks for periods of ordinary residence, but only provides 4 boxes!! I travel soo much cross the border and for business overseas. How do I fill in this part?

- I read about some people suggesting to forward date the application forms ( both 145&146?) to the 7th year even you apply earlier. Any suggestion how the forms should be dated?

- Is it necessarily faster if you apply online? Or does that slow things down since you can only submit your HKID copy and will wait further correspondence from the department?

Thanks very much in advance.

Thanks sticky years.

My case is a bit complicated. i spent first 2.5 years working for the HK company in China. Only in 2014 moved with family to HK, rented an apartment and have been with same company ever since.

During the first 2.5 years, I have always had hk employment visa, paid MPF and taxes; and been to HK once a month sometimes every other month.

Quote Originally Posted by Fei88:
    Thanks sticky years.

My case is a bit complicated. i spent first 2.5 years working for the HK company in China. Only in 2014 moved with family to HK, rented an apartment and have been with same company ever since.

During the first 2.5 years, I have always had hk employment visa, paid MPF and taxes; and been to HK once a month sometimes every other month.
    it's not complicated, it appears that since 2014 you have been ordinarily resident, so have about 3 more years to go to claim PR.
    to claim the previous 2.5 years you need lease agreement or equal, to prove you lived here full time and travelled abroad for work and therefore were ordinarily resident.
    Mrs. Jones likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JAherbert:
    it's not complicated, it appears that since 2014 you have been ordinarily resident, so have about 3 more years to go to claim PR.
    to claim the previous 2.5 years you need lease agreement or equal, to prove you lived here full time and travelled abroad for work and therefore were ordinarily resident.
    This. You can’t apply for permanent residency till 2021 as you weren’t ‘ordinarily residing’ here until 2014.
    JAherbert likes this.

Temporary absence on the basis of employment by HK based company is acceptable. You can try applying on the basis of that!!
    CAP 115 IMMIGRATION ORDINANCE Section 2 Interpretation

(6)For the purposes of this Ordinance, a person does not cease to be ordinarily resident in Hong Kong if he is temporarily absent from Hong Kong. The circumstances of the person and the absence are relevant in determining whether a person has ceased to be ordinarily resident in Hong Kong. The circumstances may include—
    (a)the reason, duration and frequency of any absence from Hong Kong;
    (b)whether he has habitual residence in Hong Kong;
    (c)employment by a Hong Kong based company; and
    (d)the whereabouts of the principal members of his family (spouse and minor children). (Added 122 of 1997 s. 2)

Fei88, shri and ierand like this.

Thanks everyone for your input, appreciated.
    @shafiq, this is exactly what I am shooting for. I have heard about people in similar situation as I am. They have successfully applied and received their PR. Kind of hoping if someone in similar situation would give some suggestions.

Contact this guy. He’s incredibly helpful.

Ask A Question | Hong Kong Visa Geeza

Fei88 likes this.

Mrs Jones, thanks; just fired away my questions to visageeza.

Mrs. Jones likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shafiq:
    Temporary absence on the basis of employment by HK based company is acceptable. You can try applying on the basis of that!!
    CAP 115 IMMIGRATION ORDINANCE Section 2 Interpretation

(6)For the purposes of this Ordinance, a person does not cease to be ordinarily resident in Hong Kong if he is temporarily absent from Hong Kong. The circumstances of the person and the absence are relevant in determining whether a person has ceased to be ordinarily resident in Hong Kong. The circumstances may include—
    (a)the reason, duration and frequency of any absence from Hong Kong;
    (b)whether he has habitual residence in Hong Kong;
    (c)employment by a Hong Kong based company; and
    (d)the whereabouts of the principal members of his family (spouse and minor children). (Added 122 of 1997 s. 2)
    @shafiq your right it's possible to have absence, but based on OP's message, he/she does not have it. IF the duration was a say six months, he might have a shot, but for 2.5 years? nah.
    Fiona in HKG likes this.

Just fill in the forms and apply, you wont get kicked out if they reject your application

shri and Fei88 like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast