Question regarding BNO Renewal Documents

Closed Thread

Question regarding BNO Renewal Documents

Hi,

First time posting here. I just had a question as I'm looking into renewing my UKBNO passport (expired in 1999). Even though it's expired so long ago, from everything I'm reading from the British Consulate, it sounds like it 'doesnt matter', BNO for life, just a matter of reneweing since I physically have it in hand.

In the application process, it lists out:

• You will need 2 identical photos taken within the last 30 days;
    • Your original BNO passport (except if it was lost or stolen). Photocopies are not acceptable;
    • You will need a colour photocopy of both sides of your Hong Kong Permanent Identity Card;
    • If you are a dual national, a colour photocopy of your non-British passport (SAR passport);
    • One document as evidence of name and address and/or residency dated within the last year

That LAST one is what I want to ask about: As I currently reside in the US and am a US citizen (born in HK before 97), regarding that "document as evidence of address/residency", does it need to be an address of simply where I live now? Or does it need to be an HK address to match my HKSAR passport as part of the application process?

Meaning, can I submit a US document showing my current US address?
    Or
    Does it need to be an HK document showing my HK addrses?

And I guess a secondary question would be, do I need to also submit a copy of my US passport? or more specifically... "should" I submit a copy of my US passport...?

Any help would be so very greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!