Like Tree9Likes

Dependent Visa for unmarried child aged 18 years old

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Dependent Visa for unmarried child aged 18 years old

Hello, I’m Lee.

I’m having a complicated situation at the moment. I’m still a student not yet working, I’m already 18 years old and I’m not yet a Permanent Hong Kong Resident, I still have to wait for 6 years of less until I permanently became a HK resident. Also, I’m still dependent by my step-father. So the situation is that, me and my mom always argue and she always tells me that if I pissed her off again she will go to immigration to cut my visa and send me back to our original country and I will live on my own she said also she don’t want me to study, I always tell her that I want to study and finish my school here in HK and she always say “ No. Next school year you won’t come to school anymore, you will stay in this house, no friends, and take care of your step sister. “ They were like that and everytime she gets pissed she always tell me that she will send me back to my original country and will cut my visa and also she always hurt me like punch me and I always get bruises (My HK friends always see those bruises and wounds) But I don’t want to go back to my original country and I want to stay here in Hong Kong, I’m just having a dilemma that what if I’ll just leave our house. The thing I’m just worrying about is that, I’m not yet a permanent resident but I want to leave them because they always gives me a hard time also what if my mom told me to get lost but I still wanna stay here in HK. What should I do? If I leave them and live with my friends (Who are HK permanent residents) do I still need my sponsor’s confirmation everytime I have to renew my visa before the expiration date? Or no need? Also, does my parents are able to tell the Immigration to cut my HK visa and residency? Also, is there any difficulties that I might face if I left them my (step dad) sponsor? Like I will live on my own. Like that.

Hope you can give me some good advice that can help me to decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnbrltgnd:
    Hello, I’m Lee.

I’m having a complicated situation at the moment. I’m still a student not yet working, I’m already 18 years old and I’m not yet a Permanent Hong Kong Resident, I still have to wait for 6 years of less until I permanently became a HK resident. Also, I’m still dependent by my step-father. So the situation is that, me and my mom always argue and she always tells me that if I pissed her off again she will go to immigration to cut my visa and send me back to our original country and I will live on my own she said also she don’t want me to study, I always tell her that I want to study and finish my school here in HK and she always say “ No. Next school year you won’t come to school anymore, you will stay in this house, no friends, and take care of your step sister. “ They were like that and everytime she gets pissed she always tell me that she will send me back to my original country and will cut my visa and also she always hurt me like punch me and I always get bruises (My HK friends always see those bruises and wounds) But I don’t want to go back to my original country and I want to stay here in Hong Kong, I’m just having a dilemma that what if I’ll just leave our house. The thing I’m just worrying about is that, I’m not yet a permanent resident but I want to leave them because they always gives me a hard time also what if my mom told me to get lost but I still wanna stay here in HK. What should I do? If I leave them and live with my friends (Who are HK permanent residents) do I still need my sponsor’s confirmation everytime I have to renew my visa before the expiration date? Or no need? Also, does my parents are able to tell the Immigration to cut my HK visa and residency? Also, is there any difficulties that I might face if I left them my (step dad) sponsor? Like I will live on my own. Like that.

Hope you can give me some good advice that can help me to decide.

Like what will gonna happened if I left them and I’m still not yet a HK permanent resident.

Like what will gonna happened if I left them and I’m still not yet a HK permanent resident.
    No parents sponsoring you = no visa = return to your home country.

Does your country have a consulate in HK? Could they help you?

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Does your country have a consulate in HK? Could they help you?
    I don’t think they have, I think they don’t have. Also, I don’t think my country could help me.

I just wanna know, does my sponsor have to SIGN something like approval or something everytime I have to extend my visa or something for my residency? Because my mom always tell me before that my step dad have to SIGN something so that me and my mom can stay here in HK for my residency. Because we’re both dependent by my step dad. But they were already married.

I just wanna know, does my sponsor have to SIGN something like approval or something everytime I have to extend my visa?
    Yes.

Are you in high school? At 18 you should be completing high school.

At that point, you should be able to apply to Uni and might be eligible for a student visa? Worth checking.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Are you in high school? At 18 you should be completing high school.

At that point, you should be able to apply to Uni and might be eligible for a student visa? Worth checking.
    Assuming he or she can find the finance for that
    shri likes this.

Being already 18 you won't be able to renew your dependent visa the next time anyway. It will be valid as long as it says on it, probably impossible for your parents to cancel it.

his/her unmarried dependent child under the age of 18;

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast