Like Tree15Likes

GEP Visa has been finalised

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    HongkongTheGreat

Finally, after 4 months my employment application has refused but I've heard they will re-appeal in the HK Immd. Is it okay?

It's likely that your problem is that you originally came to HK on a training visa and are now applying for GEP. The intent of the training visa is for people to come to HK to learn a skill that is not available in your home country, whereas the intent of the GEP is the opposite.

HongkongTheGreat likes this.

HongkongTheGreat

then there's hope. for reappeal.

Immd said no after extra information. Little chance of a successful appeal.

If you want to appeal successfully they will have to offer you a higher salary at least. So sorry to hear your application was rejected.

MABinPengChau likes this.

HongkongTheGreat

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Jones:
    If you want to appeal successfully they will have to offer you a higher salary at least. So sorry to hear your application was rejected.
    Thank you Mrs. Jones, it fine. They haven't informed me yet about the result even they knew already yesterday morning. I just heard from my colleague there and I also heard that they will appeal.

HongkongTheGreat
    Original Post Deleted
    Yes, I also think the salary is the cause of the refusal. By the way if the employer wants to appeal. Should the employer let me know, what's going on? cause they haven't inform me yet.

is 18k salary in a multinational real estate firm graduated with a uni diploma specifically for the department of employment not enough?

Seems unlikely but if you are already employed in your home country and it's a transfer, it's more likely. Do you have any experience or are you a fresh graduate?

Is it unlikely because of the salary? I'm a fresh graduate