Like Tree15Likes

GEP Visa has been finalised

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

So you are denied once, you want to appeal and send the same application in expecting a different result?

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!:
    So you are denied once, you want to appeal and send the same application in expecting a different result?
    no, i was not denied and am not appealing - I’ve been waiting for the same visa application to be approved for a while now

Quote Originally Posted by HannahB:
    no, i was not denied and am not appealing - I’ve been waiting for the same visa application to be approved for a while now
    Well then wait...

Likely someone forgot to fill out a form or submit a needed document. Did you check everything before it was submitted that it meets the common sense test?

is 18k salary in a multinational real estate firm graduated with a uni diploma specifically for the department of employment not enough?
    18K is not likely to be approved for a GEP visa.

Quote Originally Posted by chingleutsch:
    It depends on who you get. I know a couple years ago immd was ok with 15k. But maybe now a bit of inflation?

A fair salary for a graduate immigrant living on his/her own is really at minimum 25k (you have rent, food, travel, mpf and taxes). Anything less you have to count pennies. At this point it's also for your safety and well-being, you have to consider if you want to take a job where you are being tossed up in the immd mind because of wages.

Quote Originally Posted by chingleutsch:
    It’s 18k which I found us very much in par with what all other companies in the industry are offering - they already have foreign employees in the firm who most likely are receiving roughly this amount; But likely it could be dependent on the case officer i am assuming.. does immigration specify what exactly is causing the delay if i give them a call myself?

It’s 18k which I found us very much in par with what all other companies in the industry are offering - they already have foreign employees in the firm who most likely are receiving roughly this amount; But likely it could be dependent on the case officer i am assuming.. does immigration specify what exactly is causing the delay if i give them a call myself?
    I'm guessing you are going to work for a company with 4 letters - have some friends who been down that route before. I believe their HR is a bit "local" and "slow". You'll just need to be extra patient with them. You can call immigration and be humble and respectful, they might tell you straight or you might need to fish it out from them. Being in this industry, you need to know how to smooth talk to be successful anyway. Give it a try.

If not, there are other companies out there who will slap a better job title for the same role, which will guarantee a favourable response. Typically they will submit a contract to immd with a higher salary but won't give you a copy.

It's better if you withdrew your application instead of getting an official rejection on your name which will cause future scrutiny in any future visa applications. You'll have an idea and know after you call your immigration officer. So you'll need to make that call and promptly.