Like Tree5Likes

Passport - Baby born in HK

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Post Passport - Baby born in HK

Hi

I’m hoping this is the right place to ask this question.

I am a British citizen with hkpid (3 * ao) married to a Chinese citizen currently living in China. We are thinking of having children and thinking way too far in advance but if we have a baby in HK would they be able to get the HKPID then a HKSAR passport and HRP?

What we we really want is the baby to have both nationalities as opposed to having the baby in China or UK where it will get tricky to acquire the both.

I know that the baby would be able to get a British passport by descent in which we will apply for after

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by evobon:
    Hi

I’m hoping this is the right place to ask this question.

I am a British citizen with hkpid (3 * ao) married to a Chinese citizen currently living in China. We are thinking of having children and thinking way too far in advance but if we have a baby in HK would they be able to get the HKPID then a HKSAR passport and HRP?

What we we really want is the baby to have both nationalities as opposed to having the baby in China or UK where it will get tricky to acquire the both.

I know that the baby would be able to get a British passport by descent in which we will apply for after

Thank you
    Yes your baby will be eligible for HKSAR passport ; Check this :

https://www.immd.gov.hk/pdforms/ROP(E)149.pdf
    Last edited by Fei88; 12-03-2019 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Posted wrong link

Your scenario is exactly the same as mine. My baby was born in HK, has HKSAR passport, HKID, HRP and British Passport.

chuckster007 and imparanoic like this.

Quote Originally Posted by si0001:
    My baby was born in HK, has HKSAR passport, HKID, HRP and British Passport.
    Same same la

I could probably get my kid, 2 more passports if she wanted it but those passports are useless unless she needs to run from the law but she is only 5 years old right now so dont think she needs to think about that right now LOL

my kids born in HK, i was born in UK, my wife is from HK, the kids had their HK sar passport, HKid cards and home return pass, they also have full UK passport which was applied from website, printed, signed with submitted original docs such as my uk passport and original birth certificate and they hk sar passports, sent via international signed for to UK, processed within 6 weeks and sent back to my HK address

if you child is born in mainland, there are a lot of barriers of entry to enable them applying for HKid card and SAR passport (as a alot of BBC encountered attempting to apply for HKid card for their UK offsprings born after 97) , while applying for UK passport shouldn't be difficult

Having a baby in HK will get her/him all the documents you mentioned. But (s)he will not get a hukuo in Mainland and the corresponding benefits. I know some people who regret losing their hukuos as the sales of properties and land in their village would have made them rich.

Are you a British citizen by birth or by descent? If by birth, then no problem to pass on to your kids born in HK. But if you have it by descent, you cannot pass this on to your kids. The fact you have a HKID 3 star makes me wonder if you were born in Britain.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    Are you a British citizen by birth or by descent? If by birth, then no problem to pass on to your kids born in HK. But if you have it by descent, you cannot pass this on to your kids. The fact you have a HKID 3 star makes me wonder if you were born in Britain.
    i (and my brothers) have 3 stars HKID but both in UK, so most of my BBC friends

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    as far i am aware, the only ones who i personally know who have been downgraded to right to land were the ones who never updated their juvenile hkid at 18/19 and left until late 20s/30s and got downgraded, the ones with still with 3stars right to abode all got their adult hkid cars at 18/19 years old but they also have not been in HK for more than 3 years, example, my brother came to hk during 2000 and waited until 2008 and still got his newer style hkid card with 3 stars

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast