Like Tree14Likes

Multiple entry china visa

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Actually it's my husband. He's new to HK but he had 3-4 single-entry China visas issued in his home country & HK. Now that he's a HK resident (dependent visa on me), we are thinking to try to get him a 6-month multiple entry one so that we don't have to go through the hassles every time we want to do a short trip there.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    If you only have the grey piece of paper now, then it means you have not been resident in HK for 7 months or above? You must be new to HK? Also have you had previous China visa's issued in the past? They usually want to give you a few single or double entry visa's first before giving you a multiple one.

Quote Originally Posted by littlemermaid:
    Actually it's my husband. He's new to HK but he had 3-4 single-entry China visas issued in his home country & HK. Now that he's a HK resident (dependent visa on me), we are thinking to try to get him a 6-month multiple entry one so that we don't have to go through the hassles every time we want to do a short trip there.
    What is your visa status with mainland, business or tourist? I would imagine if you are on a business visa and you go in and explain the situation they will accommodate you and your spouse. One great thing about China is there are no hard and fast rules. I have found in my business dealings over the years that context is the most important factor. If you can go in and explain why you need it, and how it will help you to conduct business in their country, even if its as simple as having the comfort and support of your spouse being with you, I think they will grant the visa.

resident in HK for 7 months or above?
    The line "have valid residence for 7 months or above" is confusing. I checked the Chinese version of the page, it actually means you have a visa to stay in HK for 7 months or above, not you have been staying in HK for 7 months or above, which makes sense because you only get HKID if you are permitted to stay in HK for more than 180 days anyway.

I'm local HKer with Home Return Card, so no problem for me at all. My husband is the "problem". LOL
    Not really for business, just general tourist thing and visit my Mainland relatives etc.

Quote Originally Posted by it_guy:
    What is your visa status with mainland, business or tourist? I would imagine if you are on a business visa and you go in and explain the situation they will accommodate you and your spouse. One great thing about China is there are no hard and fast rules. I have found in my business dealings over the years that context is the most important factor. If you can go in and explain why you need it, and how it will help you to conduct business in their country, even if its as simple as having the comfort and support of your spouse being with you, I think they will grant the visa.

I'm local HKer with Home Return Card, so no problem for me at all. My husband is the "problem". LOL
    Not really for business, just general tourist thing and visit my Mainland relatives etc.

I feared that listing my Japanese wife would be a problem on my application due to the icy relations between mainland and japan. Darn pesky spouses!

Quote Originally Posted by it_guy:

I feared that listing my Japanese wife would be a problem on my application due to the icy relations between mainland and japan. Darn pesky spouses!
    Japanese are not a problem at all. Japanese and Singaporeans are two nationalities that can visit China completely visa free any time they want. I know it's crazy
    it_guy likes this.

The line "have valid residence for 7 months or above" is confusing. I checked the Chinese version of the page, it actually means you have a visa to stay in HK for 7 months or above, not you have been staying in HK for 7 months or above, which makes sense because you only get HKID if you are permitted to stay in HK for more than 180 days anyway.
    Ah ok, well I think it doesn't hurt to put in the application for multi entry. I've heard in the past people people applying for multiple but then getting back only single or double. But this was a while ago and the rules have probably changed a lot.
    imparanoic and littlemermaid like this.

LOL
    Plan to go to one of those visa agencies. Lining up in Wanchai is a pain.
    If you book your appointment via the internet, no pain or long queues either, I even did this just today, booked last week, opens at 9 am
    littlemermaid and it_guy like this.

Remember to bring a copy of hotel booking and if you're planning to travel outside Guangdong province, you need pre booked tickets

littlemermaid and it_guy like this.

Ah ok, well I think it doesn't hurt to put in the application for multi entry. I've heard in the past people people applying for multiple but then getting back only single or double. But this was a while ago and the rules have probably changed a lot.
    Not to forget Brunei passport holders. Go figure!