Summary of facts by Immigration

Summary of facts by Immigration

How long does it take for the Commissioner of Registration to prepare the summary of facts in Hong Kong Immigration?

I have made an appeal and its already 9 months and the summary of facts is still not ready.

Does anyone know how long it normally takes?
    Thanks

What kind of appeal and summary of facts, Care to elaborate?

I had applied for my HKSAR passport and ID, but was refused on the basis of insufficient evidence, so I made an appeal to the Appeal Board

Still very vague, application failed during naturalization process? Normal processing time for naturalization process is around 1 yr (especially for South Asians, if you are one), you can imagine time for response to appeal.
    Also the decision is at sole discretion of immigration officer so unless you have strong ground for appeal, its a waste of time.. If you are really serious about it, consult a solicitor/immigration consultant, you will have a better idea on strength of your case and process will definitely speed up through formal representation..

@nivantj - I was under the impression that IMMD is under no obligation to give reasons for rejection.

Current processing time is 15-18 months for Indians as far as I know.

Under the Chinese Nationality (Miscellaneous Provisions) Ordinance, decisions of the Director of Immigration on naturalisation applications cannot be subject to appeals, and there is no need to assign any reason for the decisions.
    Last edited by shri; 17-05-2019 at 09:24 AM.
    Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

Yes thats why i think doing on own is waste of time though if you recall there were couple of cases in the past who fought back (through solicitor) and successfully got their application approved (IIRC one Pakistan and one Indian PP holder born and brought up in HK, got media coverage also on how ImmD was bias on ethnic minorities etc)..

Quote Originally Posted by nivantj
    Still very vague, application failed during naturalization process? Normal processing time for naturalization process is around 1 yr (especially for South Asians, if you are one), you can imagine time for response to appeal.
    Also the decision is at sole discretion of immigration officer so unless you have strong ground for appeal, its a waste of time.. If you are really serious about it, consult a solicitor/immigration consultant, you will have a better idea on strength of your case and process will definitely speed up through formal representation..
    Actually I was born in Hong Kong to a Chinese mother from Hong Kong and an Asian father. I am ethnicly Chinese and my brother got his HKSAR passport and ID because he has all the documents. But since I am not in good terms with my brother and he doesnt want me to get it so he isnt giving me my documents creating a lack of documents for me, which resulted in refusal of my application so that is why I appealed. They informed me that the case is in progress but 9 months have passed and the summary of facts is still not ready. I dont understand that how much more time it may take. Because I am afraid if my brother leaves Hong Kong then it will be very hard for me to prove since I told them to contact and question him.

Since my case is in the appeal board, I am not sure if I should contact a lawyer