Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By chuckster007

Visa Timeline

Closed Thread

Visa Timeline

I am from India and my employer 'a leading alternate legal service provider' filed work visa on my behalf on 27th march. The application reference number was believed to have been received on 16-18th of April. As per the employer it usually takes upto 6 weeks from the date of receiving the application reference number. It been 4 weeks from the date of receipt of application number and 50 plus days from the date of filing the visa application. Has anyone had the similar experience, the timeline is past 7 weeks and the status is showing as 'In Progress'. Please advise

Most likely HK Immigration is asking your employer for more documentations or asking why they should let you in (can a local not do this job etc), your new employer has to show effort that they tried to hire locally etc

Just be patient as there is nothing you can do to speed it up

mads2511 likes this.

Thanks chuckster007, that's absolutely right, but I was just wondering if it crosses the 8 weeks mark i.e. from the date of filing the visa application, will there be a red flag as majority cases get closed by the 8th week, is that the correct understanding?

That's correct, it's been barely four weeks.