Like Tree2Likes

BNO passport

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

BNO passport

Hello anyone can guide me for my passport
    I have a BNO passport, born in Hong Kong 1993
    Wanting to change BNO to full UK passport, did anyone here did it? And is it still possible to change it? If yes please help me out

Thanks

YES! if you have HK$12k spare and have no other nationality.

You've lived in Hong Kong
    You may be eligible to apply if you’re ‘ordinarily resident’ in Hong Kong at the date of your application and:

you were ordinarily resident there on 3 February 1997
    your parents were ordinarily resident there at the time of your birth if you’re a child born after 3 February 1997
    Ordinarily resident means:

you live in Hong Kong full-time
    you’re not breaking any immigration rules
    you’ve moved to Hong Kong voluntarily with the intention of settling there
    You must also be of ‘good character’ - read the guidance when you apply.

Nationality
    You must either have:

been a British national on 3 February 1997
    become a British national after 3 February 1997
    You must not have held citizenship or nationality of another country at the time or since.

You can be a national of a country even if you’ve never had a passport from there.

For example, you might be a Chinese national if you’re ethnically Chinese (even if you became a British national through a connection with Hong Kong - for example, because you, your parents or your grandparents were born, registered or naturalized there).

How much it costs
    Application Fee
    Each adult £1,206

After you’ve applied you must also pay £19.20 to have your biometric information (fingerprints and a photo) taken. You’ll be sent a letter explaining what to do.

Application form: https://assets.publishing.service.go...m-em-07-18.pdf

Guidelines: https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...de__01-16_.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Bob89:
    Wanting to change BNO to full UK passport
    What Ethnic Nationality are you, do you hold any other Passport apart from BNO??
    imparanoic likes this.

I am Hong Kong born Pakistani, and didn’t settle anywhere else since I was born here, is there any agent or lawyer that I can contact ? Doing it online and myself seems little risky

Hong Kong born, parents are from Pakistan but they were residents in Hong Kong when I was born in 1993. And I do not hold any other passport just BNO

Quote Originally Posted by Bob89:
    is there any agent or lawyer that I can contact ? Doing it online and myself seems little risky
    Hope you have deep pockets $$$$

https://www.britishconnections.com/british-passport/

I don’t mind paying a little more than just wasting 12k, I have heard people paid the 12k fee and still got rejected even tho they meet the requirements

Curious to know any BNO'ers have personal experience of getting approved through this process.

Can't be that easy as just filling out an app and paying the small amount. Everyone BNO holder would do it in a flash.

Last edited by medaman; 13-06-2019 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Supplement

Totally agree with you, anyone have done it ?

Can't be that easy as just filling out an app and paying the small amount. Everyone BNO holder would do it in a flash.
    If I recall correctly...

A big part of the application is proving that you cannot get citizenship in your home country.

If you were born to XX country parents - you have to prove why you cannot get citizenship there because of their citizenship.
    Bartholomeuw likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast