Like Tree40Likes

Quality Migrant Admission Scheme (QMAS) Advice

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by mmice:
    It was pretty straightforward for me, just showed them my lease, and employment contract. I had my tax assessment and other evidence available but they never bothered with it.

For my subsequent renewals, I don't recall them even asking for documentation. I guess they had access to income tax information that confirmed I was paying taxes.

Throughout the 7 year period, I was employed out of HK but spent more than 70%of the time out of HK although I was in HK every month and did maintain a permanent residence.
    interesting! Ok thank you

Thanks for the info Natskip1989. Does that you were selected on the 51st selection? I am a little confused in terms of the date you received the approval letter. The 51st selection results were released on June 21st, 2019 (https://www.immd.gov.hk/eng/services...n/results.html).

Can you elaborate on the time frame in chronological order..? That would be helpful @utkokos9

Quote Originally Posted by ProfCalculus:
    Can you elaborate on the time frame in chronological order..? That would be helpful @utkokos9
    Can you elaborate on your question, please? For me, the application process was around 6 months from submitting the application to getting an Approval in Principle letter then I waited a couple of months before arriving in HK and bringing the evidence. The renewal process took around five weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by aw451:
    Can you elaborate on your question, please? For me, the application process was around 6 months from submitting the application to getting an Approval in Principle letter then I waited a couple of months before arriving in HK and bringing the evidence. The renewal process took around five weeks.
    I would like to know the events that took place from time of submission to the approval in principle letter and then the varification at hong kong. I have submitted my application and received the acknowledgement letter from hk. I just want to know what happens next.

From my own experience, they wanted some other banking documentation (I think I had downloaded statements, they wanted mailed statements that I had to order from the bank) and I think some more details on my work experience- the back-and-forth went on for a couple of months and then it was just waiting.

I applied in April, 2017, and got my work visa in December 2017, when I withdrew my application. It was considered as complete around June or July and then they told me I had to just wait in the queue- once you have an application number you can check it against the latest approved applications (they post the application numbers of the people who are approved) and then kind of estimate when you will reach the top of the pile- I saw people with much earlier numbers (I think the first four digits were the application year) having their applications acted on so I figured I had maybe 3 -6 months of wait (they do it once a quarter I believe).

I had a couple of calls with immigration about what they needed and then asked them a bit about the queue after the application was complete.

ProfCalculus likes this.

Ah. The timeline depends on when the most recent selection process took place. For example, if there is going to be a selection within the next few weeks then you have most likely missed it. During the next selection process they will check your application and see if you have submitted all of the correct paperwork, if it's all fine they will make the decision. If they need more information they will ask for it and you will have to wait another three months for the next selection. This is the part that takes the time because each time they need more information results in a wait of three months and they usually ask for more information (in my case they asked about the financial details of my employer and a reference letter - this may harm your relationship with your employer because they now know that you are planning on leaving). (6+ months)

If you are successful, they will issue you with an Approval in Principle letter specifying which original documents you must bring along with an invitation letter which you can use to apply for a visitor visa, if you need one. You must come to Hong Kong, with the original documents, within three months of receiving this letter and present them to the immigration department. (1-3 months)

After you have submitted all of your originals you can either wait in Hong Kong or go back home and wait for their final decision. For me, it took a few days but it could take longer depending on their workload. Once they have made their final decision you must approach the immigration department with HK$190 in cash to pay for your visa slip (bring more because the amount may have increased). (a few weeks)

Once you have your visa slip, you have to leave Hong Kong (daytrip to Shenzhen or Macau) and then re-enter, showing your visa slip to the immigration officer. They will then stamp the visa and you are now a Hong Kong resident. They will tell you that you have to apply for a Hong Kong identity card within 30 days and give you a leaflet explaining this process. (one day)

ProfCalculus likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by aw451:
    Ah. The timeline depends on when the most recent selection process took place. For example, if there is going to be a selection within the next few weeks then you have most likely missed it. During the next selection process they will check your application and see if you have submitted all of the correct paperwork, if it's all fine they will make the decision. If they need more information they will ask for it and you will have to wait another three months for the next selection. This is the part that takes the time because each time they need more information results in a wait of three months and they usually ask for more information (in my case they asked about the financial details of my employer and a reference letter - this may harm your relationship with your employer because they now know that you are planning on leaving). (6+ months)

If you are successful, they will issue you with an Approval in Principle letter specifying which original documents you must bring along with an invitation letter which you can use to apply for a visitor visa, if you need one. You must come to Hong Kong, with the original documents, within three months of receiving this letter and present them to the immigration department. (1-3 months)

After you have submitted all of your originals you can either wait in Hong Kong or go back home and wait for their final decision. For me, it took a few days but it could take longer depending on their workload. Once they have made their final decision you must approach the immigration department with HK$190 in cash to pay for your visa slip (bring more because the amount may have increased). (a few weeks)

Once you have your visa slip, you have to leave Hong Kong (daytrip to Shenzhen or Macau) and then re-enter, showing your visa slip to the immigration officer. They will then stamp the visa and you are now a Hong Kong resident. They will tell you that you have to apply for a Hong Kong identity card within 30 days and give you a leaflet explaining this process. (one day)
    Thank you. I have been researching about qmas for a while and I have followed some good advices of kind-hearted strangers like you for my submission. I have made sure to attach the documents like bank statements, joining letter, the hierarchy of my employer organization, promotion letters etc. I have very good terms with my employer and he has been helpful in the immigration idea, so that part is fine. As far as I know I have attached every minute details in my application. Like dental council registration with all the yearly renewal slips. Bank statements of my salary, a lettery of gross annual salary, etc. My university is one of the well known universities of India as well. I believe I can save time on documentation back and forth and be a bit faster if my application meets the expectations.
    aw451 likes this.

Let's see: 10% of 20% = 0.02 * 100 = only 2 per hundred total admitted quality migrants are non chinese. Those mainlanders must either be damn smart or have some kind of 'guanxi' working on their behalf.
    My calculations may be off, coz i was not admitted as 'quality' of sufficient quantity.