Filipina getting a Visa in HK?

Filipina getting a Visa in HK?

Hi Everyone, I'm taking a break from university and I want to stay in HK and travel to other countries in Asia for 6 months to a year. I have relatives who work in HK as DH and one of them has offered for me to stay with her for as long as I need. I know that it's a bit difficult to get a visa as a Filipina since the immigration are always suspicious if I'm trying to work here. I just wonder if anyone knows what is the best and cheapest way to get a visa or right to stay in HK for 6months-1year? Is there maybe a study program I can take which doesn't take up too much of my time so that I can still have fun and travel around HK/Asia? The only way I know is to become a DH and but I don't want to have to spend most of my time working lol And is it generally difficult to get a visa regardless of what route I try to use? If anyone has tips please let me know. Thank you!

If you plan to use HK as a base and travel the region for 6-12 months - could you not do that with visitor status?

When I enter HK - as a visitor - I get permission to stay for 3 months. I think that is the default for most passports - Brits get longer. How long do Filipinas get?

Last edited by Elefant&Castle; 16-07-2019 at 11:48 PM.

AJZ

With your passport, a visitor visa is for 14 days only.

To stay longer, a study visa but it must be for a proper study course, like a degree, postgraduate diploma.

Maybe if a HK PR sponsors you as a tourist you could remain in HK as a visitor.

In your case the sponsor would be the employer of your family member that works in HK as a DH. You intend to live at the same premises right?

The sponsor needs to apply for the visit visa and guarantee an amount of up to 10K HKD (Bank Statement required) to HK Immigration and specify Multiple entry and duration of the visa.

As part of the application you would have to advise what are your intentions for visiting HK. Immigration may ask for a letter from employer/university that you intend to take extended leave and prove that you have enough funds.

I've arranged this visa on three occasions in the past for friends and family that required a visa to enter HK.

Thanks everyone, appreciate the input! Yes, I only get 14 days so I'll need to apply for some type of visa. I heard it's difficult to get it approved for filipinos so I wanted some insight. Thanks again for all your help

You can look at chinese language courses at Chinese Univ. Daytime Aggressive Level Language course can fetch you a student visa. Course Duration is shorter and may have ample time to get around HK.

Stay in Hong with your DH relative and travel around Asia for 6months to a year? If I were to ask, I would prepare staying in Philippines as a base to travel around Asia. It will be more comfortable to stay in a decent house/ accommodation and without caring about the employer of your relative. Hence, you can travel without worrying of any HK visa at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Eviekam90:
    Thanks everyone, appreciate the input! Yes, I only get 14 days so I'll need to apply for some type of visa. I heard it's difficult to get it approved for filipinos so I wanted some insight. Thanks again for all your help
    You can get 30 days visa free in Macau, but as you will have to pay for accommodation there, maybe not much help.

You say that your relative will let you stay in their place in Hong Kong, but where is your relative staying? If it with an employer, then maybe you need that person's permission?

Realistically, unless you get a study visa (and that means paying for a course), you are unlikely to get a longer visa in Hong Kong.