Add father to birth certificate later?

Add father to birth certificate later?

Theoretically, if a child is born illegitimately and the father is not on the birth certificate, is it possible to change the birth certificate later to add the father?

It's a little complicated to explain the reason for this because of various factors, but would this be a possibility?

Here's an article from 2015 that suggests you can wait to register the birth altogether- not sure if it's changed in the past 4 years...
    https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...es-later-legal

Yes, just say you don't know who the father is. Only works if the mother wasn't married in HK, otherwise the husband is automatically entered as father. (If married outside of HK just say you are single)

Yes, this is possible. You and the mother will have to take an oath. They give you a plastic placard and you have to read the oath. And that is that. But the civil servant lady/ bitch will first slam her fist on the table and demand "the truth". She will ask questions like "did you live together?" and such.

Thank you for your responses so far, very much appreciated!

As I say, it's a complicated situation but the fast version is that it is beneficial to not have me (father) on the birth certificate for a year or two.
    @CWB Bay, sounds perfect, no lies here! So as long as both me and the mother go to (I'm guessing the birth registry?) and say we would like to have my name added to the birth certificate, then oath, we will be all good?