Waiting fkr extention if stay new work visa

Waiting fkr extention if stay new work visa

My current work visa expires 26th of July but technically i applied for my new extension work visa with the same employer 5 weeks before the expiry date. Only problem is i got an email from the immigration this week asking me to submit some additional documents ( i didn't hand in ID91 form and accidentally handed some other form, but luckily they didn't have a problem with the documents my company provided them with) which makes me worried as it would delay my visa process. So due to this say my new visa comes out after my expity date? Then does that technically mean I cannot work for my current employer after July 26th till my new visa comes out? Or can I still work as I wait for my new visa?

I would really appreciate some clear clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevnish
    Or can I still work as I wait for my new visa?
    Not after the 26th of July.

Are you planning to exit HK on or before the 26th?

Nope I will be in Hong kong as I am still working.

I would suggest you go down to Immigration in Wanchai as soon as it opens in the morning, and take with you a signed letter requesting that they expedite your case. Include in the letter your HKID number and the acknowledgement number for your extension request.

Unless your renewal is granted in time, I would advise you not to work illegally and indeed to leave HK. You could come back as a visitor temporarily. The consequences for overstaying and especially working illegally can be non-trivial.

If the gap between your visas is very short ("de minimis"), it will not affect your eligibility for Right of Abode after seven years.