Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree9Likes

Trying to apply for HK permanent ID for son but stuck in China (help!)

Just come to HK and apply. You will never get the correct answer from immigration without going thru an application.

But anyway your son can always start local then switch to international school later on. I think it's easy to do this than the other way around.

thank you guys.

I still have lots of concerns such as being asked why not apply through China exit entry bureau (rejected cause not born in mainland, a rule made up by local officials but HK immd don't seem to understand) and other concerns.

But I'm still gonna head South and try my luck.

Wish me luck.

Went to hk with my son and dropped in rop145 form and supplement documents already.

Was requested today to show all passport pages of myself and wife (I already provided bio page, student visa page and also i20 non-immigrant visa status during stay in the US); was also requested to fill in ROP145b.

Gonna provide it to them via internet tomorrow, what's going on, is this going the right direction?

Morrison likes this.

I guess so. They just verify yours son's Chinese nationality using form 145 B.
    It's normal

a little worried since I didn't "settle" in HK after staying in the US for 2 years of study... a part needed to fill in for rop145b and they may push me to apply through mainland where my son isn't eligible since he wasn't born in mainland sigh

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3