Like Tree5Likes

Applying verification of eligibility for permanent ID

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sorry but some of this advice is wrong. Anyone born in Hong Kong automatically gets PR as soon as either parent does, as long as the person is still under 21. See Schedule 1 (2)(e) of the Immigration Ordinance:

CAP 115 IMMIGRATION ORDINANCE Schedule 1 Permanent Residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region

Morrison likes this.

@waiming - this para, right?

(e)A person under 21 years of age born in Hong Kong to a parent who is a permanent resident of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region in category (d) before or after the establishment of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region if at the time of his birth or at any later time before he attains 21 years of age, one of his parents has the right of abode in Hong Kong.

Hi,

If your daughter is born in Hong Kong ; she gets permanent ID as soon as one of the parents becomes a hk permanent resident.

She doesn't need to wait for 7 years.

Of course as she won't get the hkid card itself till she's 11;

However they will have an endorsement sticker in her passport.

I think normally you should be applying her permanent residence after securing yours.

You can ask or go ahead and apply together with yours. Worst case, they ask you to wait. No harm.

Quote Originally Posted by djtron99
    Hello,

My daughter was born in HK last 2016 (3yo). In her HK birth certificate, her status is "not established" and she/we are a person of not of Chinese nationality. Together with me and my whole family, we applied online yesterday as we already live here in HK for 7 years except for her. I've the ffg. questions:

1. Is it correct that I've checked Category 4 in Part 2 of Form 145 (Persons no of Chinese nationality who resided in HK for 7 years)?
    2. Should I checked Category 5 instead (Persons under 21 y.o. born in HK to a parent who is a permanent resident of HK listed in category 4)? As I have stated, we applied with her together.
    3. Am I liable for an offence under the law since if I checked a wrong Category (5) ? Do I need to inform Immigration if it was an honest mistake?
    3. Is she eligible for permanent ID and if yes, what should I do?
    4. If she can't be applied for a permanent ID now, what will happen to her visa with an expiry on Nov 2019?

Thank you.

Regards,
    DJ

Quote Originally Posted by shri
    @waiming - this para, right?
    That's correct

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2