Like Tree3Likes

Switching employers - Visa & MPF questions

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Switching employers - Visa & MPF questions

Hi all,

Apologies to ask this as I imagine it's been covered numerous times, but couldn't find what I was looking for. Changing employers in the next couple of months and I'll be applying for a new work visa, which is all fine. New employer will provide cover letter etc. My question is around my wife's dependent visa: Is this done at the same time? Current visa expires July 2020. One forum topic said that I would get that visa replaced at that stage?

Secondly, my current MPF. If my new company are using a different provider, can this be transferred?

Thanks,

Your wife's dependent visa is linked to your visa and not your employer. You renew her visa when it expires not when you switch jobs.

MPF - you can maintain multiple MPF accounts if you want (easier option) or combine to your new provider - no clue what happens if your funds are not available at the new provider.

MandM! likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Your wife's dependent visa is linked to your visa and not your employer. You renew her visa when it expires not when you switch jobs.Thank you for confirming. Think my confusion arose from the fact that my original visa came through my existing employer and as such transferring to a new company would mean a whole new visa app for me and my wife. MPF - you can maintain multiple MPF accounts if you want (easier option) or combine to your new provider - no clue what happens if your funds are not available at the new provider.
    Thanks again for confirming. Wasn't aware you could have more than one.

The above didn't come out how I thought it would. Basically, thanks for replying to both (shri).

Original Post Deleted
    Thanks, I'll check.

You'll keep your existing visa label, and 4 weeks prior to expiry of the employment visa, you'll go to immigration to renew.

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!:
    You'll keep your existing visa label, and 4 weeks prior to expiry of the employment visa, you'll go to immigration to renew.
    Many thanks,

Hi everyone. Not sure if that is the right thread to ask here.

Currently my visa is valid for 2 more years until 2021 (extension after IANG).

Can I change my employee under the same visa? What would be the procedure for that? Would be great to hear if someone had such experience before.

Quote Originally Posted by ierand:
    Hi everyone. Not sure if that is the right thread to ask here.

Currently my visa is valid for 2 more years until 2021 (extension after IANG).

Can I change my employee under the same visa? What would be the procedure for that? Would be great to hear if someone had such experience before.
    Yes you can without any restriction as the HK Immigration website

https://www.immd.gov.hk/eng/services...G.html#lastTab

read the after applying part.

Can I change my employee under the same visa? What would be the procedure for that? Would be great to hear if someone had such experience before.[/QUOTE]

Persons admitted under the IANG, who are on time limitation only without other conditions of stay, are free to take up and change employment during their permitted stay without the need to seek prior approval from the Director of Immigration.
    shri likes this.

Just spent an hour and a half at the immigration office submitting mine. Will let you know how long the process takes!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast