Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Plutark
  • 1 Post By Seagulls!

How long to get a visa to visit China

Closed Thread

How long to get a visa to visit China

New to the boards, and I have a quick question...

I want to get visas for my family (wife, two small children) and I to visit China for some sightseeing. I was told by a friend that the China office will hold your passport while processing. We are in HK for 1 year and have HKID cards.

How long does this usually take? We have a trip to the US planned, and I don't want to be without my passport for very long.

Thanks in advance.

depends how much you pay, you can get it done in a day. Make sure you get all the docs necessary or they will tell you off. Avoid Monday and Tuesday as it's packed with English teachers doing their visa run.

I got mine in 2 days for something like 900 hkd. Go to their Visa centre:
    20/F Capital Centre, 151 Gloucester Rd, Wan Chai

the address on their website was wrong when I checked

Morrison likes this.

Usually less than one week. They will tell you when you can pick it up.

If you want to avoid the Visa Office (although it is a good eye opener to what life is like in China), use an agency and pay a little more.
    FBT ChinaVisa Agency - Fast and Reliable application of China Visa in Hong Kong

Quote Originally Posted by jbabek:
    ....have HKID cards......
    Just a matter of interest: Do you need to have an HKID card before you can apply for a Chinese visit visa in HK?

Quote Originally Posted by orang:
    Just a matter of interest: Do you need to have an HKID card before you can apply for a Chinese visit visa in HK?
    I'm not entirely sure, however, I did it last week and they asked me to photocopy my hkid and they asked to sight it too.

But if you're just passing through Hong Kong and not a resident then I assume you wouldn't have to?

One bit of advice is to make an appointment. I was in and out within about 20 minutes last week.
    orang likes this.