Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By MABinPengChau
  • 1 Post By jlw90
  • 1 Post By shri

Qmas visa timeline help

Post Qmas visa timeline help

I am a dentist from India. I have a masters degree in Periodontology & Implantology.
    I applied for qmas visa and received acknowledgement letter of my application on 11th september 2019.
    It would be really helpful if anyone could help me understand my chances of approval of qmas visa. I also need help regarding how long it may take to get visa after getting acknowledgement letter if at all I'm selected.
    Please forgive me if I'm breaking any forum rules and guide me for the same.

I have a masters degree from one of the better universities out there and full proof documents of experience as well. Combine that with shortage of dentists there I felt I had a good chance and so I applied for it. Now the help I wanted was regarding the chances for dentists if anyone knew about similar profile applying for qmas visa or had specific information about dentistry in hong kong. The thread you mentioned is far too general and doesn't help anyone actually.

I really do not think you can oroactise as a dentist in HK.

Would check with the medical council if I were you.

Have you visited this site and checked the qualifying exams

https://www.dchk.org.hk/en/index.htm

Here: https://www.dchk.org.hk/docs/Frequen...ng.pdf?noembed

In order to be eligible to sit for the Licensing Examination (“LE”), an applicant has to be a holder
    of a dental degree or a dental qualification acceptable to the Dental Council of Hong Kong (“the
    Council”) and such dental degree or dental qualification must consist of not less than 4 years’ fulltime dental training. All applications for sitting LE are considered by the Examination
    Committee of the Council on individual basis.
    Worth investigating what the pass rates are.

You might also want to look at their list of registered dentists (somewhere on that site) and see if there are an Indians with similar qualifications as yours in HK. I am not aware of any well known Indian dentists here in HK.

I did a QMAS application which I then abandoned when I was able to get a work visa. It was a lot of back and forth adding documents and then even when it was finalized, they said it would be a while in the queue to be in the selection exercise. I think it would have been about a year- I abandoned at around 7 months. So you have to be a little patient to wait to get to the selection exercise...

ProfCalculus likes this.

I have seen the whole licensing exam and criterias. Also, there are many indian dentists working in hong kong. Licensing isn't the difficult part for me. Before I can clear the exam I can always work as an assistant in a dental clinic. So there's that.

There is a list of the skills that the government are trying to bring into Hong Kong using the QMAS: https://www.talentlist.gov.hk/en/talentlist.html

ProfCalculus likes this.

Also, there are many indian dentists working in hong kong.
    FYI - all of two registered dentists with primary qualifications from India in the registry. And they've been here for a long time. Jain has been in HK for 20+ years if I recall. I was wrong when I said I was not aware of ANY... Jain's very well known.

Anyways, best of luck with the application. As long as you've not gone spent cash with a consultant, you've got nothing to lose.
    nivantj likes this.