Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By hullexile
  • 1 Post By Mary 2
  • 2 Post By Gatts

Overstay

Overstay

Hi everyone! I have a problem with my brother here in hongkong. He was a family driver but he was terminated last 19th day of august and he didn't find a new employer till now. He already over stayed here in hong kong for 20 days already. Could anyone of you knows if he need to pay a penalty for his case?and how many days he will detained?but he is willing to surrender his self to immigration but before that we want to know how much is the penalty is so that we could prepare for it. I do really appreciated for the advice you would give us..thank you so much and god bless.

Quote Originally Posted by Neiv
    Hi everyone! I have a problem with my brother here in hongkong. He was a family driver but he was terminated last 19th day of august and he didn't find a new employer till now. He already over stayed here in hong kong for 20 days already. Could anyone of you knows if he need to pay a penalty for his case?and how many days he will detained?but he is willing to surrender his self to immigration but before that we want to know how much is the penalty is so that we could prepare for it. I do really appreciated for the advice you would give us..thank you so much and god bless.

I have not heard of a financial penalty just deportation. Is he Filipino? If so tell him to go to the Consulate, they are very helpful in such cases. If he voluntarily surrenders (after going to the Consulate) he may not have to be detained. 20 days is not a long overstay at all.
    MABinPengChau likes this.

Yeah he is a filipino.

He won’t have to pay anything but maybe a short time in jail and deportation. Good advice to go to the Consulate. The longer he leaves it then the worse it will be.

shri likes this.

Buy one way ticket, when at HK immigration at the airport, act dumb, saying you didnt know that you had to leave within 14 days after termination if they ask, smile keep quiet and pray they just let you leave without any hassle. good luck

Usual Penalty is HK$190 fine at the airport but thats for foriegner, hopefully they will let him leave and probably banned from HK for a few months or 1 year only.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007
    Buy one way ticket, when at HK immigration at the airport, act dumb, saying you didnt know that you had to leave within 14 days after termination if they ask, smile keep quiet and pray they just let you leave without any hassle. good luck

Usual Penalty is HK$190 fine at the airport but thats for foriegner, hopefully they will let him leave and probably banned from HK for a few months or 1 year only.
    That might work for a white foreigner, but not for a Filipino I'm afraid.
    hullexile and chingleutsch like this.