Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By traineeinvestor
  • 2 Post By Jaz Paul
  • 1 Post By riversidejr

Taking Photo for Baby Passport

Closed Thread

Taking Photo for Baby Passport

Hi,

I brought my newborn to Fotomax at Langham Place today to take photo for his passport application. After what seemed like eternity, the "right" photo came out but it visibly showed part of my hand gripping the back of my baby's neck.

The Fotomax assistant said it is ok...I'm not so sure as it seems from other sources immigration takes a serious view and there is strict requirement for photo to be free of unnecessary details such as parent's hands etc.

Anyone has a recent experience on this and can advise further? I don't wish to make a wasted trip to immigration to be turned down due to photo issue.

Thanks.

Photoshop. the photographers are adept at it.
    We had this done for our new born at a local shop and all was sweet with the immigration.

Yuhikaru and MABinPengChau like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuhikaru:
    Hi,

I brought my newborn to Fotomax at Langham Place today to take photo for his passport application. After what seemed like eternity, the "right" photo came out but it visibly showed part of my hand gripping the back of my baby's neck.

The Fotomax assistant said it is ok...I'm not so sure as it seems from other sources immigration takes a serious view and there is strict requirement for photo to be free of unnecessary details such as parent's hands etc.

Anyone has a recent experience on this and can advise further? I don't wish to make a wasted trip to immigration to be turned down due to photo issue.

Thanks.
    I can't speak for all passport issuing authorities but my own not so recent experience is that anything in the background will result in rejection.

The slightly better news is that at least some countries will allow a photo to be submitted on-line to be checked before you put the passport application in so you will know very quickly if it will be aceptable.
    Yuhikaru likes this.

The shop told me they can't photoshop. It's fotomax and I thought they could.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaz Paul:
    Photoshop. the photographers are adept at it.
    We had this done for our new born at a local shop and all was sweet with the immigration.

We went to Fotomax in Happy Valley and they did photoshop the photos for us.

We did the following: Put the baby on a white bedsheet, took a few photos with the phone, went to one of the Philippine shops in United Center, have them photoshop it and print the right size afterwards. Smooth and easy. Tried the same at a fotomax but the guy in the branch where we went said he could not even put it in the right format.

Yuhikaru likes this.

Thanks for all the advice. I felt my trip to Fotomax yesterday may have been wasted...assistant there said photoshop is not possible but claimed that my finger (small part) visible in the photo is OK by Immigration standards. Let's see.

Quote Originally Posted by riversidejr:
    We did the following: Put the baby on a white bedsheet, took a few photos with the phone, went to one of the Philippine shops in United Center, have them photoshop it and print the right size afterwards. Smooth and easy. Tried the same at a fotomax but the guy in the branch where we went said he could not even put it in the right format.

Try Fotomax at Hopewell Centre. Far less busy, far more patient.

I had the same as experience in Fotomax with my 1 month old son: my fingers were visible, I had doubts, they said no problem. In the end it turned out ok, also because at the consulate they cut the photo in an even smaller format and you couldn’t see my fingers anymore in the passport.
    Anyway, since then, we always take photos if our kids at home in front of a white wall: much better results.