Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By shri

Attending a conference on tourist visa

Attending a conference on tourist visa

Hey guys, please advise, is it safe to attend a 2 days conference (educational summit) in China on a tourist visa instead of applying a Business visa (F-type). first, i am flying next week and afraid not enough time, also i have almost 6 months tourist visa valid and changing to business visa means my tourist visa will be canceled.

You'll be fine. You are not a 1st and last person doing the same.

Generally agree that it's not a problem, although a colleague in a similar situation was required to change her visa by the conference organiser.

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake
    Generally agree that it's not a problem, although a colleague in a similar situation was required to change her visa by the conference organiser.
    As a speaker or as an attendee?
    chuckster007 likes this.

If you're just attending to listen to someone speak then you'll be fine, if you're going as a speaker and getting paid etc then your are NOT SAFE can easily be ratted out by someone then ur FOOKED!!!

Thanks guys, I will be mostly attending workshops and sessions along with presentations from my side during this educational summit, but not getting paid at all.

yeah, i had a similar case in the past where I was asked to get a study visa for a 5 day training course, but for this one no much instructions from organizers.

Quote Originally Posted by shri
    As a speaker or as an attendee?
    I think just an attendee. Even if a speaker, she was not getting paid.